Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

First Tintin book you ever read?

Page  Page 1 of 12:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

nestor
#1 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 01:04
Just out of curiousity. it seems pretty well documented what the best selling and favourite books are, i was just wondering if there might be a "most commonly read first" book.
mine was tintin in tibet when i was seven years old.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 02:58
The first Tintin book I read was when I was eight years old. It was the Castafiore Emerald. I don't know how it got me hooked!
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 08:33
The Seven Crystal Balls and then Red Rackham's Treasure, wasn't until long after I read Prisoners though, my local library had a limited choice but I got those first two (and still have them in a battered state) in a book-club at school.

Rik
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#4 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 10:25
My first Tintin book was The Blue Lotus, closely followed by The Calculus Affair. Both pretty complicated books to understand for a child of eight, but there was something about them that was addictive and I was instantly hooked.
OJG
#5 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 12:46
mine was tintin in tibet when i was seven years old

So was mine! I was 6 or 7 and I was in the library with my mum. She pointed it out behind the desk on one of those trolleys with stuff to be put away. I don't know why, 'cos I was hardly ever willing to try anything new, but for some reason I got that book out and became hooked on Tintin. Must have been fate!
Jyrki21
#6 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 17:31
Curiously, I owned one before I read my first book... and it wasn't the same one!

The first album I read was The Black Island, sitting in the Richmond Public Library (suburban Vancouver) when I was probably 10 years old or so.

I remembered that some years earlier I'd been given a copy of Flight 714 for my birthday, but had never opened it! I believe I still fit in The Crab with the Golden Claws at a library before finally reading the first one ever in my possession, Flight 714, third...
cuthbert
#7 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 19:46
The first Tintin I read was the golden claws, my dad bought it for me after I saw it on television... I must've been 7 or so...
GurraJG
#8 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 20:23
Hmmm... Mine must have been either Tintin in America or The Crab with the Golden Claws. Can't remeber which it was, but one of those.

-Gustav
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#9 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 23:03
I have no idea at all! My older brothers had some Tintin books, but I can't remember reading any of them first. :/

Paul
Vlipvlop
#10 · Posted: 9 Aug 2004 23:34
The first Tintin book I read was "The Secret of the Unicorn". 2nd was "Red Rackham's Treasure", and 3rd "Prisoners of the Sun".

-Vlipvlop

Page  Page 1 of 12:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!