Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Yves Rodier books

midnightblueowl
#1 · Posted: 24 Oct 2005 20:34
Does anybody have any information on Yves Rodier 'Tintin' books like a list of tintin books he's written. I know of 'Alph-art', 'the blue oranges', 'the sorcerors lake' and 'reporter for the 20th century newspaper'. Are all of these printed as books.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 26 Oct 2005 18:19
We have to be careful about discussing these, but so long as no one asks where to find them, it should be okay. To the best of my knowledge Rodier didn't draw the Blue Oranges ; it doesn't look up to his usual standard, plus I don't think he has the time to draw a new Tintin book - he's a comic strip artist by profession now. Two of his series are Pignouf & Hamlet and Simon Nian.

But to get back to what you asked for, Rodier has drawn :

• Tintin and Alph-Art
• Tintin, Freelance Reporter (for Le 20ème siècle)
• The Sorceror's Beast (or the Sorceror's Lake)
• Tintin and the Thermozero (one page)
• A Day at the Airport (one page)
• Tintin in Tibet (an additional page, 27bis)
• The Portrait Gallery (a portfolio of images)
• Some Christmas cards and general illustrations

Some were printed privately in limited numbers - the only one that I know received any sort of general circulation was Alph-Art.
olzen
#3 · Posted: 8 Dec 2005 15:45
Hmm... what exactly is the additional page in Tintin In Tibet? I've seen one that involves the captain getting into a rather fun accidents with some fireworks (or something like that), but I thought that was drawn by Hergé. Anyway, would it be against the rules to post a link to a finished (coloured and translated) version of Rodier's Alph-Art - it's unprintable anyway. All of the pages have been watermarked. But I won't post the link to the site if it's against the rules, obviously.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 8 Dec 2005 17:33
olzen
Hmm... what exactly is the additional page in Tintin In Tibet? I've seen one that involves the captain getting into a rather fun accidents with some fireworks (or something like that), but I thought that was drawn by Hergé.

That page was cut from the magazine version of the story, it was drawn by Hergé but dropped when it was transferred to album format. The page by Rodier fits in after page 27 and shows Tintin finding it impossible to sleep, going outside and seeing the yeti. He decides not to worry the others by telling them.

Anyway, would it be against the rules to post a link to a finished (coloured and translated) version of Rodier's Alph-Art - it's unprintable anyway.

Afraid it's still not allowed, linking to any sort of pirate material could get the site in trouble with the Château. Sorry about that!
Jeeves
#5 · Posted: 11 Apr 2008 01:10
Does anyone know much about "A day at the airport" because that sounds interesting
BestFriendOfTINTIN
#6 · Posted: 2 Jan 2009 08:33
A day at the Airport is an unfinished comic, it is drawn in only one page.
tintinraider
#7 · Posted: 2 Jan 2009 15:00
A day at the airport is an abandonned project of Hergé in 1976 after the Picaros... An album edited in the 80's explains the mains ideas and shows some drawings.... Hergé wanted to create a story that happened only in an airport.... Rodier tried to start drawing the story but it was too complicated.... He draw several pages but only one was really fnished (with print and color). There is a pastiche album of 30 pages but it is like the official tintin & alph art : drawings, wordings, ideas but not a real and complete story of tintin !

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!