Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin and Hergé: How did Tintin's adventures relate to their author's life?

kitravs
#1 · Posted: 11 Aug 2004 13:24
Hi, I'm in the process of completing a piece of French course-work about Tintin.
My actual title is "To what extent are the Tintin adventures related to the life of their author Hergé?".
Can anyone give me an opinion on this, so I can add it to my coursework to show I have asked other Tintin fans, and taken into account what they think?
Thanks

Nikita
tybaltstone
#2 · Posted: 11 Aug 2004 17:34
Any artist can't but help have their life seep into their work... and vice versa.
As you're probably aware there are many interesting episodes in Hergé's life that were reflected in his work - Tintin in Tibet being a major case.

One of my favourite smaller ones is the parallel between Tintin being 'restarted' by Raymond Leblanc after the war, and the scene in Seven Crystal Balls/ Prisoners of the Sun , found in the Tintin magazine version, where Haddock bounds back into life - out of his dressing-gown and into his old sailor's outfit - ready once again for adventure.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!