Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: A lack of fatal violence in the books?

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Triskeliae
#21 · Posted: 29 Mar 2008 00:14
Blistering Barnacles!

I think that Tintin books have more fatalities than was thought of at first!

Definitely, not a Disney comic book....
cigars of the beeper
#22 · Posted: 30 Mar 2008 20:14
This is a bit different from fatal violence, but Rascar Capac died approximately 6-700 years ago, and then was blown up! Now that's violent. ;)
Vicky
#23 · Posted: 10 May 2008 19:14
cigars of the beeper wrote:
I'm not sure what twelve Japanese you are referring to in The Blue Lotus. The only person in there who died that I know of was Mitsuhirato.

I think it is a reference to the Japanese who according to the newspaper seller in the book were killed during the train crash because of the blown up railway, which is why Japan sent troops to China.
Jeeves
#24 · Posted: 11 May 2008 17:16
Thats probably it, but we don't know how many Japanese were actually killed and for that matter how many Chinese, since the incident was being used as Japanese propaganda it's difficult to be certain of the facts
IvanIvanovitch
#25 · Posted: 12 May 2008 04:00
23duff wrote:
there were a lot of fatalities/killings/murders etc. considering that when they were written, they were primarily pitched to children.

Tintinrulz wrote:
There are countless deaths in Tintin, it's just that most take place outside the frame.

I agree! Death and killing is in the stories, but isn't a major factor. If at all possible, Herge' makes his deaths "clean". No blood everywhere, no explicit description, no dirtiness open to imagination. The drama of Tintin doesn't focus on horror or battle but rather chase and deduction. It's more like chess than rugby, for an analogy.
Shivam302001
#26 · Posted: 5 Feb 2019 17:44
I am in a low at present, so let me add another feather to the list of deaths which I don't think has been mentioned before.

Most of people comprising the Walker expedition were killed by the Arumbayas(most probably by poisoned darts) in The Broken Ear.

So there are some more dead people to take account of, I guess. :-(
snowybella
#27 · Posted: 6 Feb 2019 00:46
I'll go ahead, and add the skeletons, who spook Tintin, in Soviets!

Shivam302001:
Herge himself often got depressed while writing about the adventures

As Herge once put it: "It is like being a Benedictine monk, or a watchmaker, or a Benedictine watchmaker."

Also, happy (late) new lunar year!
Shivam302001
#28 · Posted: 6 Feb 2019 03:03
Well, if we are really talking about skeletons, then what about that one which got arrested by the Thom(p)sons in Destination Moon?

My, my - the numbers keep rising!
RicardoOlcese
#29 · Posted: 6 Feb 2019 03:59
Perhaps they were plastic skeletons!
Shivam302001
#30 · Posted: 6 Feb 2019 04:40
I don't think doctors use plastic skeletons to study.

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!