Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 24 May 2008 21:39
Well, since the thread about Lord of the Rings has been so popular, and these books are now becoming movies, I thought that J.R.R. Tolkien's friend, C.S. Lewis, also deserves a thread. We can discuss here the seven Narnia books, and the movies that are getting made after them. I saw the movie of Prince Caspian on Wednesday, and it is quite good, although they changed some small details. Well, everyone, discuss away!
:-)
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 25 May 2008 12:26
Im not realy a big fan of the books though i like the story i loved The Chronicles of Narnia quite a magical movie cant wait to go to the 02 to see Prince Caspian.
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 25 May 2008 20:06
Is "The 02" a theater?
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 25 May 2008 21:27
The 02 is what used to be called the millenium dome it has cinemas night club all sorts its in North Greenwich South East London England. :)
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 26 May 2008 01:54
I haven't seen PC yet, hasn't been released in Australia, but I definitely will.
I love the Narnia books. Aslan is brilliant. Lucy and Edmund were well played in the LWW movie, not so much Peter and Susan, but the four actors/actresses really did feel like a family.
My favourite Narnia books are The Silver Chair and The Magician's Nephew.
cigars of the beeper
#6 · Posted: 26 May 2008 13:41
Tintinrulz wrote:
My favourite Narnia books are The Silver Chair and The Magician's Nephew

I believe that those are my favorites too! How about that!
Triskeliae
#7 · Posted: 26 May 2008 17:46
I read The Magician's Nephew; The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe; also Prince Caspian. I like The Magician's Nephew because it's about Narnia's genesis.

I got the special edition of the first Narnia film made by Disney. It has a documentary about CS Lewis.
Grey
#8 · Posted: 26 May 2008 18:01
I've read the Chronicles of Narnia, they are pretty good and are pre-Harry Potter from what I've read. I don't really like the first installment that much, The Magician's Nephew is much better ;).
Dupondt
#9 · Posted: 26 May 2008 22:08
Liam Gallagher said once that his favourite book is the Lion the With and the Wardrobe.
cigars of the beeper
#10 · Posted: 28 May 2008 23:05
Grey wrote:
they are pretty good and are pre-Harry Potter from what I've read

That's definitely true. They were written in the fifties, which I would guess was almost fifty years before the first Harry Potter book.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!