Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

The Rainbow Orchid

Page  Page 4 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Tintinrulz
#31 · Posted: 6 Jul 2004 07:29
Me (cough) I'm Australian (cough). Most honourable Paul!
(If that's not sucking up I don't know what is!)
tybaltstone
#32 · Posted: 6 Jul 2004 10:36
Wow, two winners from tintinologist - that's pretty good. Well done chaps, and sorry you didn't win the third one, Tintinrulz. Wonder who did?

- Garen.
Tintinrulz
#33 · Posted: 6 Jul 2004 10:58
No problem Garen, I'll buy myself a copy. Thanks for keeping the price low!
tybaltstone
#34 · Posted: 6 Jul 2004 11:27
I've kept the price as low as possible to cover printing and marketing and all that, but have certainly made a loss. But then I didn't do Rainbow Orchid to make a financial profit...

Orchid 1 is quite close to selling out, by the way, but you'll be okay for a couple more weeks certainly, if you want to hang on for now.

I may be doing another short print run, but that is only for prospective publishers (this time I'll do a good cover). However, who knows, a handful may sneak out!
jockosjungle
#35 · Posted: 6 Jul 2004 12:30
When is Part II gonna be coming? I thoroughly enoyed Part 1!

Rik
tybaltstone
#36 · Posted: 6 Jul 2004 14:45
We-ell... There's three answers to that (when is part two coming out?).

i) Episode 6 (ep. 1 of part two, the first 8 pages) will be out in September in the anthology, Fusion, from Engine Comics.

ii) A the Comics UK Festival in May I was telling people I hoped to get the collected edition of part two out around Christmas time (2004).

iii) Being realistic, I think the collected edition of part two is going to be a little longer, and I feel really bad about this, not least because I want to see it too. A more achievable release date will be for Comics 2005, around May next year. The main reasons for this include the fact that work has picked up for me (and I need the money), so I am busier, and I'm almost certainly going to be moving house around Christmas time (including all the preparation that goes into that in the months before hand). I can safely say it won't be later than that, though.

I can also say, having just finished the script for episode 6, that it will be good, at least I think so!
Tintinrulz
#37 · Posted: 13 Aug 2004 12:24
Rainbow Orchid's all sold out! What do I do?
tybaltstone
#38 · Posted: 13 Aug 2004 14:18
Didn't you order one already? I seem to have had loads of orders from Australia.
Tintinrulz
#39 · Posted: 14 Aug 2004 01:49
No, I was going to order one but I totally forgot about it (don't know how but I did). When I went to buy one last night I found they were all gone!

That's great that you had so many orders from Australia, I'd say it would have to do with the quality and the price.
tybaltstone
#40 · Posted: 14 Aug 2004 16:30
I'll email you off-forum, Tintinrulz, as there is a last little opportunity. Since the book's sold out out I've had more enquiries about it than I have for a couple of months now.

Page  Page 4 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!