Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Franco-Belgian comics in English

Page  Page 5 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  Next » 

2Orangy4Crows
#41 · Posted: 14 Jul 2008 19:06
A minor Cinebook update, based on information in the albums I received in the post today:

The next Yoko Tsuno release will be "Daughter of the Wind". It's scheduled for July 2009 (a whole year's wait, sob!)

Two further Largo Winch volumes are on the way - "Dutch Connection" (including "H") and "The Hour of the Tiger" (including "Fort Makiling"). No release dates given for either.

Five two-volume books of Leo's The Worlds of Aldebaran will be published between June 2008 and June 2010. A bit annoyed about this as there are five books in the Alderbaran saga and another five in the Betelgeuse saga. This means that book one of Betelgeuse will appear under the title Aldebaran which is rather confusing. Oddly, no mention of whether Antares, the third part of the saga, will be published. Finally, despite being listed as 15+, the artwork has been censored in some places. At least they have the decency to admit it, and it has apparently been done with the author's consent, but it's still irritating.
george
#42 · Posted: 15 Jul 2008 09:33
2Orangy4Crows:
Finally, despite being listed as 15+, the artwork has been censored in some places. At least they have the decency to admit it, and it has apparently been done with the author's consent, but it's still irritating.

It's not just that the censorship is annoying, it's also so amateurishly done it draws attention to itself. The first Largo Winch volume suffered from this as well. It is a shame as otherwise I think Cinebook are doing an exemplary job.

George
Triskeliae
#43 · Posted: 15 Jul 2008 21:50
From Dupuis Editions: Spirou & Fantasio . I LOVE this Belgian comic series! Problem is I can't find them in English. I learned French in the university so I can read them, but I can't share them with my friends and relatives unless I translate them. If someone knows a place where Spirou & Fantasio comics are sold in English, please, let me know.
george
#44 · Posted: 15 Jul 2008 22:12
Triskeliae:
If someone knows a place where Spirou & Fantasio comics are sold in English, please, let me know.

You could try HERE, although let me know if you have any luck as they've ignored my emails. There's more on these books in English HERE.

George
Triskeliae
#45 · Posted: 15 Jul 2008 23:34
Thanks, Greg!!

Unfortunately, the books are only sold in India, but maybe they arrive later to my side of the big pond! What intrigues me is why aren't they in the UK already? I could purchase them through Amazon if they were!
catchgops
#46 · Posted: 20 Jul 2008 08:51
I think you should try ordering one title first and see if it comes through and then order the rest of the set.
Triskeliae
#47 · Posted: 20 Jul 2008 13:32
Yeah, but it' s the shipping cost what worries me. I live in Puerto Rico.
catchgops
#48 · Posted: 20 Jul 2008 14:39
I guess it should cost about $30-40 for the entire set (12 books)
Triskeliae
#49 · Posted: 20 Jul 2008 17:15
Not bad. I'd take your advice:order just one and see if it arrives fine. Thanks!!
villains73
#50 · Posted: 4 Oct 2008 03:24
Hi Gopal!!!
I am big fan of Asterix, Tin-Tin Comics and Lucky Luke Comics. Unlike Asterix and Tin-Tin its very difficult for me to get Lucky Luke (a.k.a) Buck Bingo Comics in English. If you Lucky Luke Comics in English will you share with me. My email is villains73@hotmail.com
Waiting for your reply. Thanks
P:S: You can get free Tin-Tin and Asterix e-comics at [address removed]
Thanks.
Regards,
Sri

--
Note from Admin: Please do not post links to unauthorized downloads of copyrighted material that should be purchased.

Page  Page 5 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!