Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

London Tintin Shop: News, your shopper's experience, etc.

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 

hergeologist
#41 · Posted: 1 Jun 2008 13:58
Hi Stas,

I am Akshay and I stay in Mumbai, India. I haven't ever been to the shop (never been in UK) but thankfully i have my younger brother staying in central.

He always gets me stuff from the shop and i have my room in India loaded with goodies from the shop.

I had also asked my brother to get me a signed copy of the new book: The Art of Hergé by Philippe Goddin (Translated by Michael Farr) which was released yesterday (31st May '08) - Which he did.

Am glad that thanks to you guys, many people like me across the globe can get the Tintin collectibles that we want.

Keep on the good Work!

P.S.: Also, i would appreciate if you can help me buy a scaled model of "The Unicorn". Been scouring the net 24-7 for that but i cant get it anywhere. Maybe i can find it at one of the flea markets eh? ;)
buitenzorg
#42 · Posted: 28 Jul 2008 06:00
After a week-long conference in Cheltenham, I went to the Tintin Shop on Saturday, 19 July 2008. This was the first place I visited in London after I put my luggages in the hotel.

The shop looks very nice. The people are very friendly. It was crowded, but after some minutes I could really look at the collections easily, and I bought some of them. Two days later I went there again for a few additions. The thing I admire most is that the lady took my picture inside the shop, in front of the cashier machine! Really a wonderful experience!

Before that, I also bought some books through its online shop, and the service was marvelous! A great place to visit in my short time in London!
MT50446
#43 · Posted: 18 Sep 2014 09:34
Have to say the merchandise is top quality.
I have a T shirt from years ago still being worn today.
I recently purchased another one great value for money when you consider that it will last for years.
robbo
#44 · Posted: 18 Sep 2014 13:35
I went there yesterday to buy La Malédiction de Rascar Capac (vol 1), recently mentioned on this forum. I was lucky enough to be offered the shop display copy with a generous discount as it was the only one left. It's a beautiful book with lots of fascinating written and visual research, highly recommended, but it's in French of course.

mat

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!