Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Ottokar's Sceptre: "King Ottakar's Sceptre" at St Vitus Cathedral in Prague...?

omoikane
#1 · Posted: 25 Aug 2004 12:08
I'm going to Prague in a week, and I remember reading on tintin.com that apparently there was a real "Ottokar's Sceptre", which they found while doing renovations (in St. Vitus' Cathedral, I believe).

My question is, does anyone know if this sceptre is available for public viewing by any chance?

I'd point out the article on Tintin.com, except that the English language page seems to be non-existent at the moment.

Thanks all! :-)
admin
Administrator
#2 · Posted: 26 Aug 2004 07:15
Welcome to our community, omoikane! :)

omoikane:
anyone know if this sceptre is available for public viewing by any chance?

I have no idea, sorry... but if the real sceptre is available for public viewing and if cameras are allowed, would you mind taking a photo of the sceptre for us?

Straying from the topic a little, a replica of the sceptre (Herge's version) was on display at the Tintin Exhibition in Holland a few years ago.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 27 Aug 2004 12:31
There is a full size (well it looks full size to me!) replica in a glass case in the Hergé section of the Centre Belge du B.D. Saw it there only yesterday!

A little digging around on the web, and I found this old drawing of the real king, Ottakar and his sceptre.
finlay
#4 · Posted: 12 Sep 2004 13:45
jock123:
the real king, Ottakar and his sceptre.

As in Bohemian Ottakar?

Moderator Note: Yes - that's the fellow! :-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!