Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: What is his hair colour?

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 4 May 2007 21:19
Well, a big question mark is floating in my head. What was Tintin's natural hair colour. In Castafiore Emerald, his hair was orange, during Blue Lotus, it was yellow, during Tintin And The Picaros, it was brown. Now, what on earth Herge was trying to do with his hair colour?
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 5 May 2007 20:57
I don't know, but in Destination Moon, his hair was brown.
lintondrums
#3 · Posted: 6 May 2007 08:19
I thought that tintin always had "strawberry blonde" hair for all of his adventures. I think herge might of forgotten or can't get the right mix of colours to do his hair aleast it was not purple i guess.....
Isabel a marche sur la lune
#4 · Posted: 6 May 2007 09:02
i have always thought of tintin as an attractive redhead, and that that was what herge intended him to be.
ben001
#5 · Posted: 6 May 2007 10:58
Being a Graphic Designer, from expireance I can say its more to do with it being printed at different times. As the ink colour can change slightly, the colours can be a bit lighter or darker.
Balthazar
#6 · Posted: 6 May 2007 12:57
I agree that printing and colouring techniques could have been largely responsible for the changes. But I'd also guess that Hergé tinkered with the hair colour from book to book, the way he altered Tintin's "standard" clothing over the course of the books.

But also, it's not that unusual for someone with brownish/blondish hair to have lighter hair when younger than when they get older, or lighter hair in the summer than in the winter. So maybe Tintin's hair colour changes quite naturally.
tintins kuiff
#7 · Posted: 16 May 2007 12:38
We have a five pound bet as to the hair colour of Tintin, ginger versus blonde.
We need a definitive answer and I'm afraid that we can't accept that Hergé changed his hair colour depending upon the time of year that the book was set.

I think that an answer from official tintinologists will settle it once and for all!
Amythejater
#8 · Posted: 24 Oct 2008 22:07
I think tintins real haircolor is blod or red, or something between that, but in the live acton films his hair is very blond .. so it's hard to tell ...
Captain Chester
#9 · Posted: 24 Oct 2008 22:35
Ginger seemed to be the winner in the poll held on Tintinologist.org a while ago.
CC
Grey
#10 · Posted: 4 Nov 2008 13:11
I would say it was different prints that changed his hair. But I personally reckon he's a strawberry blond. It compliments Tintin's skin colour.

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!