Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin In Other Languages: P.T. Tiga Lima Djakarta, Indonesian publisher of Tintin?

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

DianNdeso
#21 · Posted: 16 Nov 2008 13:25
sponsz:
I still doubt that there ever was such a comic in Indonesia ?

He.. He.. He... Sponsz, you may ever doubt it but as I mentioned before our oldest member from Tintin Indonesia Mailing List, Marcel Maulana have it. The format is totally different with the first INDIRA ones. He, Marcel, remember it quite well that it was written PT. TIGA LIMA DJAKARTA not INDIRA as the publisher.

Unfortunate, the comic was lost in his storage for almost two years.

The other evidence, someone in West Java, is also remember that he ever sold that comic three years back to someone....

So the comic still a mystery for us..
sponsz
#22 · Posted: 24 Nov 2008 18:11
Already 5100 views and still no TIGA LIMA?
DianNdeso
#23 · Posted: 25 Nov 2008 01:19
Fortunate or it's unfortunate, after 5,100 views, still no one knows this Tiga Lima Djakarta publisher..
Harrock n roll
#24 · Posted: 26 Nov 2008 11:13
sponsz:
Already 5100 views and still no TIGA LIMA?

You may have to be patient guys! Remember the question regarding Serapis, the Greek publisher of Tintin? (see this post)
Eventually a Serapis book did turn up on ebay, although it was listed as "The one and only copy in the world".

I took a look in my early (first editions) of English Tintin books. No Tiga-Lima listed I'm afraid, although "Pat Marty", the elusive Iranian publisher was there. As Sponz mentioned before, some of the names of publishing houses that Casterman and others used to list didn't actually release any books. Maybe Casterman had signed deals with these publishers but were boasting a bit when they listed them as "available in these languages" to make Tintin seem more available internationally than it really was.

Sponz, the link you have where Tiga-Lima is listed in a Dutch book; was it ever listed in a French edition? I wonder whether the Tiga-Lima edition was actually in Dutch, just because of the former colonial connection and the fact that some of the older population can still speak a bit of Dutch.
DianNdeso
#25 · Posted: 27 Nov 2008 00:56
Harrock n roll:
Sponz, the link you have where Tiga-Lima is listed in a Dutch book; was it ever listed in a French edition? I wonder whether the Tiga-Lima edition was actually in Dutch, just because of the former colonial connection and the fact that some of the older population can still speak a bit of Dutch.

Harrock n roll :

I wish if our colleague in Tintin ID mailing list can found that edition from Tiga Lima, then I can tell you and showing the fact that that edition was published in Indonesian...

That edition still missing in action in my colleague storage...

But he still remember that the number of box on each page is a bit smaller than the one now and make the book smaller in size as well.

I am still searching for it through my hand in Tintin ID Mailing List since I am the member of that mailing list.
sponsz
#26 · Posted: 27 Nov 2008 08:20
I will try to find also other Tintin comics in other languages than Dutch were "TIGA LIMA" is mentioned. I don't have old Tintin books in other languages myself.

Posted: 27 Nov 2008 18:50:46
A friend of me in France has an Icelandic Tintin from Fjolvi Publisher-Reykjavik were "TIGA-LIMA" is also mentioned as publisher from Tintin comics in Indonesia. The colonial connection (Dutch) is also wrong.

The Dutch Tintin comic were I found "TIGA-LIMA" is in fact from 1967/68, because Flight 714 is mentioned on the backside of the cover.

INDIRA published his first Indonesian Tintin in 1975, so the publisher "TIGA-LIMA" must published Tintin Comics between 1967/68 and 1975.

Posted: 27 Nov 2008 22:07:07
A friend of the Netherlands wrote me following about "TIGA-LIMA" :
I checked my collection and I found several albums referring to 'Tiga Lima'.
These are all Icelandic albums:
- Dularfulla Stjarnan (Shooting Star), 1974;
- Svarta gullid (Land of Black Gold), 1989;
- í Myrkum Mánafjöllum (Explorers on the Moon), 1989;
- Sjö Kraftmiklar kristallskúlur (Seven Crystal Balls), 1974;
- Flugrás 714 til Sydney (Flight 714), 1989.

As these are all Icelandic and since I did not find any other translation or language in which reference was made to Tiga lima, I suppose it's a mistake of the editor, Fjölva útgáfa.
But it's rather curious that all these books were printed by Casterman in Belgium!

On Tintinologist.org you said that "INDIRA published his first Indonesian Tintin in 1975, so the publisher "TIGA-LIMA" must published Tintin Comics between 1967/68 and 1975."
Maybe you are right, but if so it is very strange that Tiga Lima is still mentioned on Icelandic albums published in 1989 !! (see years of issue mentioned above).

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 08:15:17
Here an answer from an English friend :
I asked someone in Jakarta about this and Tiga Lima Publisher: Tiga = 3, Lima = 5. It seems that although the publisher was printed in your book they never actually printed any books. The Lady I asked only knew about Indira in the past. Hope this helps.

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 08:18:24
Another reaction from Indonesia :
Still have no idea. INDIRA themselves couldn't't answer such question, as they were established years after TIGA LIMA published the book. INDIRA's founder has passed away and now the Chairman is the son. I guess his reply is valid. I don't see how he (or the other family members) don't know anything about TIGA LIMA, if this company was the origin of INDIRA.

[Moderator action: combined 5 consecutive posts]
DianNdeso
#27 · Posted: 28 Nov 2008 08:33
sponsz:
don't know anything about TIGA LIMA, if this company was the origin of INDIRA.

Sponsz, I doubt that Tiga Lima is the origin company of Indira. As far as I heard INDIRA is like family company and they are like holding company who have several different company range from publisher until other area.

In fact, I think PT. Tiga Lima, PT. Indira and now PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama is totally three different company who got a licence to published Tintin in Indonesian..
sponsz
#28 · Posted: 29 Nov 2008 08:58
Another reaction from a Belgian friend :
I inspected my oldest albums of my whole collection,without finding nowhere Tiga Lima.
I have the Spasmeno Afti,Broken Ear, Pigasos Publisher,1969:in their list of foreign languages albums,they indicate Japan Shufunomoto,US Golden Press,Israel Machbarot...but not Indonesia:nor Tiga Lima,nor Indira.
Was Tiga Lima already disappeared, or not yet born in 1969 ?

Update: Posted: 29 Nov 2008 08:58:58
Another reaction from a Belgian friend :
I inspected my oldest albums of my whole collection,without finding nowhere Tiga Lima.
I have the Spasmeno Afti,Broken Ear, Pigasos Publisher,1969:in their list of foreign languages albums,they indicate Japan Shufunomoto,US Golden Press,Israel Machbarot...but not Indonesia:nor Tiga Lima,nor Indira.
Was Tiga Lima already disappeared, or not yet born in 1969 ?

Update 2: Posted: 30 Nov 2008 07:55:35
Here a reaction from a Canadian friend :
I looked in a number of Tintin International editions from the late 1960s and early 1970s. Found Tiga Lima listed in the Icelandic first editions!
None of the other editions had Tiga Lima listed. I was hoping the Brazil Record or Norway Schibsted editions might have but they did not.
trifonius
#29 · Posted: 30 Nov 2008 18:53
Hello Sponsz,

I checked my collection and I found several albums referring to 'Tiga Lima'.
These are all Icelandic albums:
- Dularfulla Stjarnan (Shooting Star), 1974;
- Svarta gullid (Land of Black Gold), 1989;
- í Myrkum Mánafjöllum (Explorers on the Moon), 1989;
- Sjö Kraftmiklar kristallskúlur (Seven Crystal Balls), 1974;
- Flugrás 714 til Sydney (Flight 714), 1989.

As these are all Icelandic and since I did not find any other translation or language in which reference was made to Tiga lima, I suppose it's a mistake of the editor, Fjölva útgáfa.
But it's rather curious that all these books were printed by Casterman in Belgium!

On Tintinologist.org you said that "INDIRA published his first Indonesian Tintin in 1975, so the publisher "TIGA-LIMA" must published Tintin Comics between 1967/68 and 1975."
Maybe you are right, but if so it is very strange that Tiga Lima is still mentioned on Icelandic albums published in 1989 !! (see years of issue mentioned above).

Best regards!

Floor de Graaff
http://www.tintinlanguages.nl
DianNdeso
#30 · Posted: 1 Dec 2008 02:16
Guys,

As per email message dated Nov 29, 2008 at Tintin ID Mailing list, he said that if there is someone really have or actually hold the only Tintin Tigal Lima version, he will be keep remaining silent.

Which is means, if he/she had the comics and he/she is the member of Tintin ID, he/she won't show his/her true identity to protect his most valuable collection.

I think I am agree with this, since once there is a proof that this edition from Tiga Lima exist, all collector around the world will chase this only collection available...

So, this edition will remain silent, until the owner is ready to release this edition on e-Bay...

That's only my interpretation after reading my colleague comment on our Tintin ID Mailing list.

Cheers,

Dian

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!