Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Festival at Namur May 2009

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Rexmilou
#1 · Posted: 18 Jan 2009 14:44
Have booked to be in Belgium during this event (8th-10th).
Always seems better to plan ahead. Decided to stay in Brussels - only 44 minutes by rail to Namur.
Anyone know if there will be an English speaking group event/s
meeting/s during the Festival? The Museum in Louvain does not
open until 22nd May but any pre-opening possibilities?
Anybody have any details more than tintin.com news?
tregenza
#2 · Posted: 24 Jan 2009 09:25
The only link I can find is:

http://www.opt.be/informations/events_namur__tintin_festival/en/E/5601 3.html

I haven't been able to find anything on the Tintin.com site.
Rexmilou
#3 · Posted: 25 Jan 2009 11:07
Open the tintin.com site and click EN (English).
Click ABOUT TINTIN (Heading).
Click TINTIN NEWS (Heading).
Then on the left side click THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES.
Then click the middle offering 'SPECTACLES/EVENTS'.
Then click heading 'The 2009 Tintin Festival 2009 will be held in Namur',
this will give you the introduction and the main events.
Hope this works for you.
If not I suggest send a message ( CONTACTS ) to moulinsart.
Good luck!
jock123
#4 · Posted: 25 Jan 2009 14:32
Thanks for your detective work, Rexmilou - I’d not managed to figure that path out when I went looking after your first post!

Strange in a way that it doesn’t happen at the same time as the opening of the museum; frustrating really, as the chances of getting time off for one would be okay, but I doubt I could do, or afford, both!
Rexmilou
#5 · Posted: 26 Jan 2009 09:34
Yes, it will be disappointing if there is only a few weeks between the Festival and Opening of the Museum: perhaps someone at Moulinsart will realise and surprise us. And then of course there is 'the film' - the festival is a publicity heaven/opportunity but I don't see mention of it yet.

On another theme - I enjoy the European /International connections/potential of Tintin and Snowy's stories. Hopefully there will be some English translations and some English speaking aides for the Festival and exhibits.
luinivierge2010
#6 · Posted: 26 Jan 2009 19:42
A little more information should soon be made available :

http://tintin.francetv.fr/php/news/news_view.php?newsid=205&langue=fr& image=223
Rexmilou
#7 · Posted: 27 Jan 2009 13:44
I read that the museum may be opened in June 2009, and the film not expected until 2011. There is another list of characters for the film - maybe, maybe.
Rexmilou
#8 · Posted: 17 May 2009 12:03
The festival was wonderful - beginning (Thursday) with the unveiling of an enormous pictorial scene of Destination Moon - in the Grand Place (Brussels) as part of the BD (Year of the ) comics strips 2009.
The spectacular opening of the Tintin Festival in Namur included the unveiling of a plaque in bronze to Snowy (and Tintin and Captain Haddock) on the wall of the Palais des congres. A well presented exhibition of the new Herge Museum (Louvain) and impressive car/motorcycle collection (associated with the adventures) was complimented by the continuous films (in french) and a number of interesting presentations (including one by Michael Farr - as always informative.
So many people there. Fanny (looking radiant) and Nick Rodwell were very evident - Nick Rodwell was really impressive in his friendliness towards everyone and his passion for Tintin. I was introduced to his brother Mark who runs the UK business - and again, I can only say how impressed I was by a sense of warm welcome. The director of the Namur Council (?) was also keenly involved in activities and I understand from him that there were a number of visitors from the UK.
In the background was an auction of Herge/Tintin material - books and collectibles. Wonderful things! Also the new translation into Flemish of the Castifiore Emerald - with the translator (Charles Massaux) on hand to sign copies.
Lots of childrens activities (in french) and activities for snowy devotees - a Canicross with the award of the "Milou d'or". I mention this in particular because the actor who played Tintin in the 1960 and 1964 films is a promoter of Canicross. He was great fun to talk to about his experiences with Herge and Tintin, and signed a copy of his book ("J'etais Tintin au cinema"). This all took place in the Citadel area of Namur on Sunday.
So, another really excellent Tintin Festival. I'm heading next to see the Herge Museum (opens 29th May). Jane from the Tintin Shop in London was there - she has leaflets in the shop about the museum. And just in case any Belgium interest - in Bruges I went to the Charles the Bold exhibition - really good! And then there are the tea-shops (my favourite is "Carpe Diem") and chocolates. Yummy!
If I can download some photos I will post them sometime later.
Hope this is of some interest to others.
jock123
#9 · Posted: 17 May 2009 13:36
Rexmilou:
Hope this is of some interest to others.

I am so envious, Rexmilou! Thanks for such an informative and enthusiastic report (I think that it deserves to go into the Reports section on the main site, if you don’t object, especially if there are picture)!
Michael Farr, and indeed Mark Rodwell are excellent ambassadors for Tintin, and great company all round; I’ve never met Nick Rodwell, but it is an interesting take on someone who often gets a bad press.
Meeting Jean-Pierre Talbot must have been the icing on the cake of a pretty special event!

And speaking of cake - I am almost as envious of you for having been to Carpe Diem!! It is the tea-shop heaven of both myself and my girlfriend!! Not that Bruges isn’t nice already, but tea, especially in their little court-yard, is wonderful.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we may have shared a common interest in tea before: were you and a partner at the Tintin in the City exhibition, staying at the Metropole? If you are the people I am thinking of, my girlfriend and I had a nice chat in the café over beverages!
comixfanboy
#10 · Posted: 17 May 2009 17:15
Hello Folks,
If you took photos, could you please share some for the unfortunate people who live in far-away places? :-). If there are photos online already please do let us the know the website (that is for the Namur Festival). I could not find a website but ofcourse I do not read French... :-(

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!