Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 1 of 52:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

admin
Administrator
#1 · Posted: 16 Mar 2004 11:57
Welcome to the Tintinologist.org community! Please tell us a bit about yourself.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#2 · Posted: 16 Mar 2004 15:24
Well, here goes...

I'm Ed, 21 years old, from Kent in England. I'm currently studying Law at university. I've been reading Tintin for about fifteen years now and have been building up my own collection since that time. Apart from reading Tintin, I enjoy writing and playing music, films, comedy and literature. After my Law course I hope to take a postgraduate degree in Medieval History, then ideally devote my life to the works of Hergé and/or music! Feel free to email me at edcharlesadams [at] hotmail.com.
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 16 Mar 2004 23:39
Hi!

I'm Christian (aka Tintinrulz), 20 years old, from Adelaide in Australia. I'm currently study Graphic Design at TAFE. I've been reading Tintin for about 12 or 13 years now and in the last few years I've become interested in aquiring Congo, Soviets and other Tintin memorabilia (hard to get in Australia - the Internet is very useful for that).

Apart from reading Tintin, I enjoy writing stories, drawing cartoons and weird creatures, listening to music, watching films, reading books, going to church and leading a youth group. After my Graphic Design course is finished I hope to get a job as a Graphic Designer and draw cartoons part time. I would also like to build up my collection of Tintin stuff (I've still got to get all 21 regular Tintin's, I've got 10).

I'm currently working on a Tintin website and a story I'm writing.

Feel free to email me at: tintinrulz[at]yahoo.com.au
tybaltstone
#4 · Posted: 19 Mar 2004 00:01
I'm 34 (eek.. very close to 35... eeeek). My mum bought me either a Tintin book or an Asterix book every Christmas from the age of about seven for a few years, but I didn't complete my Tintin collection until 1989/90. I would secretly have liked to have been Tintin, but failing that I live my own adventures through my pen (The Rainbow Orchid) as did Hergé.

For pleasure I also play and write music, do the occassional spot of very amateur acting, research my family history and the Second Anglo-Afghan War, study karate and yoga (Tintin took up yoga!).

For work I am an illustrator and designer for print and digital media. I am married, with one cat.

Best wishes to all fellow Tintin fans!
- Garen.
picaros
#5 · Posted: 23 Mar 2004 01:00
I'm Robert, 19, and from Toronto, Canada. 3rd year in college. I've practically read every Tintin album in existence except Tintin in the Congo, which is like the Holy Grail for me. I'm just looking for an English version because I don't speak a lick of French which are only available in the ones I've found thus far.

Anyways, my pastimes include writing, biking, history, writing scripts and filming mock movies with my friends. That's the best I can sum up.

My current email is: veracity83[at]hotmail.com

Favourite album: King Ottokar's Sceptre
Least Favourite album: Tintin in the Land of the Soviets
vishnutintin
#6 · Posted: 23 Mar 2004 03:05
Yo! I am Vishnu age 12.
tybaltstone
#7 · Posted: 23 Mar 2004 19:34
It would be nice to hear from a few more Tintinologist members here... and not forgetting the admin and staff! -:.) Vish... tell us more about yourself... where do you live, what other interests do you have? What's your favourite Tintin book?
Best -
- Garen.
vishnutintin
#8 · Posted: 24 Mar 2004 01:40
Well, my full name is Vishnu and i am from Singapore. I like making and designing inventions. I am not boasting but my inventions have won many awards and i am trying to patent my latest one.
I am doing a project for my school on Tintin and I have to interview some of you guys why you like Tintin and stuff like that. Look out for a new thread!
My favourite book is... well I do like all the tintin book. But l like Tintin in Tibet in particular...

See ya soon!
vish:)))
advnarayan
#9 · Posted: 25 Mar 2004 06:36
Hello,
I am a new member to this site. But a tintinologist for more than 17 yrs. (now I am 26).
i have in my possession all regular tintin albums including SOVIETS and CONGO. (these 2 are still not available in the market in INDIA- thats were I am from). I am on the lookout for GOLDEN FLEECE, BLUE ORANGES and ALPH ART- the books.
I have also in my collection the absolutely horrible THAILAND, And a wonderful satire on tintin that appeared in PUNCH in 1983. I shall soon upload it here,
howdy,
narayan
Cholmondeley
#10 · Posted: 26 Mar 2004 20:01
I'm Andrew, and I've been lurking around the Cult of Tintin for ages now. Every couple of years I take off my cloak of invisibility and take part in the forums and then just as mysteriously vanish again.

I'm a Production Editor (ie a graphic artist with pretentions working on magazines with titles like 'Modern Asphalts' and 'Your Concrete Piles and You') and way back in the days before Piers Morgan I used to write a cartoon strip for the Daily Mirror. A new strip called 'Riverfields' will be appearing on the web in the next month or so, I'll be writing AND drawing this one. The POWER! Ahahahahahahahaha!

I live in Kent, England, with one wife (American) and two cats (British, blue).

Main influences; Tintin, Peanuts and Doonesbury. First Tintin book: The Shooting Star. Fave Tintin Book: The Castafiore Emeralds.

I speak English, a liitle Japanese, and fluent Arumbaya!

Andrew.

Page  Page 1 of 52:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!