Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Musée Hergé / Hergé Museum

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

luinivierge2010
#1 · Posted: 16 Mar 2009 15:12
Moulinsart has issued a fold-out leaflet with details concerning the Musée Hergé/ Hergé Museum which will open to the public in June 2009.

Here are the coordonnées for future visitors :

Hergé Museum
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgium

Tel.: + 32 (0)2 62 62 421
Fax: +32 (0)2 646 14 59
info@moulinsart.be

It will be open every day except Monday from 10am to 6pm (closed on May 1st, November 1st, November 11th, December 25th and January 1st).

Perhaps future visitors can record their impressions in this thread?
luinivierge2010
#2 · Posted: 18 Mar 2009 10:48
As announced today, the full address is as follows:

Musée Hergé
26, Rue du Labrador
Anneau central
1348 - Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgique
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 19 Mar 2009 21:04
luinivierge2010:
26, Rue du Labrador
Well it had to be, didn't it?
It makes me wonder, did Moulinsart have to create an entire road to get that address, or a special dispensation from the local council at Louvain-la-Neuve...?

I seem to remember there being a Rue du Labrador in Brussels too, but don't think I visited it. It would be a cool address for a Tintin fan! But maybe not so good to have the occasional Tintin geek looking through your window.

I did visit a road named after Hergé, somewhere near where he lived in Brussels, but the bit I saw looked like side road to a housing estate, quite grim!
Grey
#4 · Posted: 20 Mar 2009 00:30
Sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing photos.
luinivierge2010
#5 · Posted: 20 Mar 2009 10:43
jock123
#6 · Posted: 20 Mar 2009 11:15
It's a nice leaflet, and in French, English and Dutch, so they are catering to an international audience; hopefully that will extend to the labels and facilities in the museum itself too.
It even goes so far as to have a map which shows the route from London (a dotted line from London to Calais, and then by solid line via Lille and Mons to Brussels. It's a nice idea, but a slightly confusing mix of the Eurostar and a road map, to be honest, and could be clearer.
However the main lack is any indication of how best to get from Brussels to Louvain-la-Neuve by public transport. I only mention it because I've looked on the Belgian Railways site and they list about twenty places in Louvain-la-Neuve (everything from the local branch of Aldi to the University), but I wouldn't know which was the one for the museum. It also appears to take between an hour and a quarter and two hours something, depending on the route, number of changes and so on.
As a side-note, it might be worth checking if your Eurostar ticket would get you from the UK to Louvain-la-Neuve without additional cost, as it certainly used to be that you could make an onward journey within Belgium from Brussels using the same ticket; it might make a day trip possible.
Harrock n roll
#7 · Posted: 20 Mar 2009 13:56
Is there a pdf of a leaflet about the Museum that we can download?
I looked on Tintin.com, but couldn't find anything.
Oh, and I just read on Tintin.com that the road (Rue du Labrador) doesn't actually exist in Brussels. Hergé was inspired by la Rue Terre-Neuve (apparently).
jock123
#8 · Posted: 21 Mar 2009 20:36
Harrock n roll:
Is there a pdf of a leaflet about the Museum that we can download?
I've not been able to find one - the one I got was a printed one, tucked inside the latest issue of the Hergé magazine which you get if you subscribe to the site.
Why do Birds
#9 · Posted: 13 Apr 2009 22:47
Hello there,

I'm pretty new on here but am also looking forward to the museum.

As far as I can tell, they are going to try hard to balance Tintin out with the rest of the work Hergé did, and more. I found an article on LeParisien.fr...

The director of the museum, Laurent de Froberville, says that although Tintin will be central (it would be hard to have it any other way I'm sure!!), Hergé's other work, not just in cartoons but also in illustration and 'publicite', which means advertising, will be on display: it will be really interesting to see this lesser-known side of Hergé's work.

The director also says that there will be a 300m2 space exhibiting work by young artists, so that the museum will have a finger on the pulse of contemporary comics.

Of course it all comes down to Tintin and it looks like they will be taking great care of the original works, as the director explained that the lighting will be carefully regulated to provide a suitable amount for viewing, but not so much that the works are unduly damaged. The exhibitions will also rotate every four months so as to further protect against any light erosion, if that's what you call it.

Anyway, I thought that might be interesting to some!
luinivierge2010
#10 · Posted: 23 May 2009 22:11
A post by "bidulonet" in the Tintin.com "Forum Thématique" (dated 23 May 2009) provides us with a foretaste of the Museum (but only for Francophones, I'm afraid):

"J'ai eu la chance de décrocher le sésame, à savoir une invitation pour une visite en avant première ! Un voyage depuis la Bretagne pour ce beau WE en Belgique et cet après-midi, enfin, la visite tant attendue. Je dois dire que j'ai été réellement ému. C'est vrai que j'attendais, comme beaucoup d'autres, ce moment depuis plusieurs années. Plus encore depuis la visite de l'expo au centre Pompidou, que je ne m'étais résolu à quitter que fort tard, déjà impatient de retrouver toutes ces planches originales lors de l'ouverture du musée. je n'ai pas été déçu. Le nombre d'originaux est impressionnant. Ils sont parfaitement mis en valeurs (rien à voir avec la pourtant déjà bien belle expo de Pompidou). Les verres (ou plexis) fins et sans reflet nous montrent des planches "à portée de main". Le bâtiment est tout simplement splendide. L'ensemble est parfaitement fidèle au dessin d'Hergé, aéré, simple mais juste. Bref, j'ai été émerveillé. Demain, retour en France, mais avec le catalogue sous le bras, magnifique lui aussi (39,50E dans le book shop du musée) et surtout l'asssurance que je reviendrai bientôt pour retrouver tous ces trésors mais également découvrir les futures expo temporaires.
Et pour terminer, si certains ont pu parfois critiquer la gestion des droits de l'oeuvre d'Hergé ces dernières années, chacun reconnaîtra que Fanny Rodwell ne pouvait offrir plus beau cadeau à la mémoire d'Hergé et à tous les tintinophiles (et futurs tintinophiles, en témoignent mes enfants de 4 et 7 ans, déjà adeptes, qui se sont régalés de cette visite. Et oui, ils en étaient aussi les veinards !) Alors merci à Fanny Rodwell et longue vie aux studios !"

Source:
http://www.tintin.com/#club/tintinos/forum_th.swf&lang=fr/&mc=_root.ba n2

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!