Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Casterman and Moulinsart to "divorce"?

jock123
#1 · Posted: 1 May 2009 09:54
The Belgian magazine Trends has a report on their website that Nick Rodwell has told the magazine that Moulinsart, unhappy with their situation in regard to their publisher Casterman, are looking to bring their agreement to an end, and have placed the matter in the hands of their lawyers.
Casterman have said that they are surprised at the announcement when told of it by the magazine, that they are not aware of a problem, and that they don't know why Mr. Rodwell has made this announcement.

No doubt news will unfold in due course...
george
#2 · Posted: 1 May 2009 13:30
Gooses and Golden Eggs spring to mind...
tregenza
#3 · Posted: 3 May 2009 09:52
Moulinsart are also going after fan clubs as well and I believe the two are connected.

Ahead of the movie coming out, it makes sense for Moulinsart to get everything in place to maximise the amount of money they can make. There is going to be a huge wave of book and merchandise sales and they want to ride that wave for as much money as possible.
rastapoper
#4 · Posted: 12 May 2009 17:04
I can't understand what you mean. You mean that Moulinsart and Casterman are husband and wife? Who is what?
jock123
#5 · Posted: 12 May 2009 21:41
rastapoper:
I can't understand what you mean.

Well, I'm glad to help out then!
The term divorce - which is used by the original journalist in the article, it wasn't put there by me - has a dictionary definition of "a complete or radical severance of closely connected things", which suits the story pretty well.
It isn't exclusively linked to marriage, although that is probably the most common usage; it is often used in the sense of "separated from", such as "the idea was completely divorced from reality".

Hope that explains it.
Harrock n roll
#6 · Posted: 13 May 2009 10:11
I guess Nick Rodwell himself made the analogy when he said "it's as if two people were married, but the couple did not function any more ... it's the same between Casterman and Moulinsart: the marriage does not hold any more."

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!