Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Festival at Namur May 2009

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Rexmilou
#11 · Posted: 17 May 2009 18:09
Dear Jock
Yes, we met at the 2005 Tintin Festival - at the Metropole!
Great of you to remember. Best wishes to you both.

Just as an aside - we tried the "Prestige" in Bruges - it cost a fortune for afternoon tea (55 euros for 2) and was not half as good as Carpe Diem (my estimation). The carpe is definitely the best, they are creative with their meals as well.

Meeting characters like Nick Rodwell and his brother Mark was really good.
They were more than kind and full of interesting news about Tintin - as Michael Farr was (we travelled back with him on the train: a perfect gentleman ). Also Jean-Pierre Talbot - such an exciting life. He made me think that if Tintin were a real character - Jean-Pierre would fit the bill for living the life of Tintin. His book - even in French - is very readable. He is so enthusiastic about dogs and people and food and Belgium!

My apologies to you (and comixfanboy) for the lack of photos - I have yet to figure out how to include them in my postings. I have quite a few. I will try over the next few days. I would certainly like to encourage more to come to the next Festival and events - meeting other Snowy/Tintin fans (especially English speaking) is such a great part of these events.
Harrock n roll
#12 · Posted: 17 May 2009 20:00
Hi Rexmilou. I also remember meeting you at the 2005 festival! Actually, I've still got loads of photos from that to upload to our site here. Thanks for the info on the Namur festival. Sorry I couldn't be there.
Rexmilou
#13 · Posted: 17 May 2009 21:55
Yes, we missed you Chris. And I heard you are getting married. Congrats.
We toasted your health with a "mort subite" in Brussels and several nectars in Namur and Bruges! Snowy was asking for you - saw some incredible pieces at the auction that would go well on your rocket stand. Regards.
Harrock n roll
#14 · Posted: 17 May 2009 23:13
Rexmilou:
Congrats

Ahhh, merci beaucoup! Salut! :)
comixfanboy
#15 · Posted: 17 May 2009 23:44
Redmilou, Harrock,
One option for the photos is to do an album in (Google) picasa and just share it. Very easy to upload.

<envy> Lucky guys! </envy>
Harrock n roll
#16 · Posted: 6 Jun 2009 13:38
Rexmilou has kindly sent me some photos of the event which can be viewed here.

I've included some enlargements of the marvelous bronze plaque commemorating the festival.

--
Update from Admin:
Available now is Rexmilou's account of this year's Tintin Festival. Happy reading!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!