Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Musée Hergé / Hergé Museum

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

luinivierge2010
#11 · Posted: 25 May 2009 18:08
Latest news - an article from the magazine Le Vif - again, sorry, only in French:

http://www.levif.be/actualite/culture/72-61-33820/colere-de-la-presse- a-l-ouverture-du-musee-herge-.html

See also the following article which includes an evocative photo:

http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?siteSect=200001&sid=10738941
Klow
#12 · Posted: 25 May 2009 19:04
Angry members of the Belgian and international press today during a meeting with journalists in the museum. Photographers & camera men were not allowed to make pictures. Most of them left the building furious. According to a spokesman, the museum/Moulinsart tries to avoid "a massive leak through of the copyrighted, exposed material".

See also the following article (in Dutch, but including photo AND film):

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/1006/Kunst-Literatuur/article/detail/8647 56/2009/05/25/Pers-woedend-tijdens-opening-Herge-Museum.dhtml

See also the following comment (also in Dutch but it includes a a satirical and very funny photo montage:

Link to external site removed

Moderator Note: As the site to which you link heavily features fan-art, the link has been removed pending discussion with Admin. Please do not link to that site in the meantime. Many thanks for your cooperation.
luinivierge2010
#13 · Posted: 25 May 2009 20:54
Hergé Museum website
And here, at last, is the long awaited website for the Hergé Museum:
http://www.museeherge.com/
Duke Snowy
#14 · Posted: 26 May 2009 03:50
luinivierge2010, Thank you for posting the museum website.

I live in the United States but hope to someday visit the museum. Does anybody know if the museum caters to English speaking visitors?
number1fan
#15 · Posted: 26 May 2009 09:42
I saw a brief story on this on BBC News this morning
jock123
#16 · Posted: 26 May 2009 10:23
Duke Snowy:
Does anybody know if the museum caters to English speaking visitors?

Well it hasn’t opened to the public yet, but the pre-publicity has suggested that the catalogue and displays will be tri-lingual: French, Flemish or Dutch, and English.
Rocky
#17 · Posted: 26 May 2009 14:30
Duke Snowy
#18 · Posted: 26 May 2009 15:53
jock123:
Well it hasnt opened to the public yet, but the pre-publicity has suggested that the catalogue and displays will be tri-lingual: French, Flemish or Dutch, and English.

The reason I ask if the museum will cater to English is because the website does not have an option for English (or French). Hopefully they will add that in the future.
jock123
#19 · Posted: 26 May 2009 19:02
Duke Snowy:
the website does not have an option for English (or French).

Oh - which website is that? It seems odd if it isn’t at least in French, as that’s the main language of the books, the tintin.com website, and the Fondation. Hergé was Walloon, rather than Flemish, so Flemish has always been a “foreign” language as far as the series is concerned…
In the mean time, the advance publicity leaflet, and the catalogue are tri-lingual as I said.
Harrock n roll
#20 · Posted: 26 May 2009 19:46
jock123:
It seems odd if it isn’t at least in French, as that’s the main language of the books

I think Duke Snowy was probably meaning there was no option for having either language, rather than no French option... if you see what I mean!

Anyhow, the website really ought to be multilingual, what with a multi million dollar movie in production and an expected breakthrough into the US market. (I've often complained that the Tintin.com site could do with improving the English language aspects, most of which seems to have been run through a babelfish translator from the original French.) However, as jock says, the museum pdf leaflet is in three languages, although that doesn't quite account for the large file size (9.5 mb), despite being only 2 pages! I guess it's all pre-publicity, so perhaps it'll get sorted by opening time.

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!