Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintinologue

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 00:07
I just bought one of these, the questions are super difficult!
Rik
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 10:43
Anyone care to give an example of one of the harder questions...?
marsbar
#3 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 12:28
Harrock n roll wrote:
Anyone care to give an example of one of the harder questions...?

Here you go, Chris: in The Seven Crystal Ball story, what is the registration number of the car in which Calculus is kidnapped?
tybaltstone
#4 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 12:29
I find the questions too difficult for me, and I'm not that much of a Tintinologist to notice what number Calculus is wearing on his green overalls in Destination Moon, for example.

For someone who does want to turn themselves into a real Tintinologist who would be able to tell you at a snap which make of car Dawson has in the Red Sea Sharks, or how many porters accompany Tintin and Haddock in Tibet, then this is a perfect training manual.

Best - G.
Harrock n roll
#5 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 12:48
Marsbar wrote:
in The Seven Crystal Ball story, what is the registration number of the car in which Calculus is kidnapped?

It would seem you need to be more than just a Tintinologist - a photographic memory for completely useless facts could be the main requirement ...
jock123
#6 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 17:22
I think we have a case here of a book which was written by someone going through the canon with a fine-toothed comb, and then making up questions, regardless of whether or not they were things worth knowing. A good quiz-book either gives you the satisfaction of being able to answer a well-observed question, or at least let you learn something when you don’t know the answer.

Sadly the book doesn’t quite fall into that category…

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!