Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Harry Edwood: Voice of the Lagoon, Kangaroo Rock, O-Light etc.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

SingingGandalf
#11 · Posted: 18 Mar 2006 20:32
Harry has either finished or stopped it. He is now working on a book called 'the elves of Marlinspike'.
marsbar
#12 · Posted: 19 Mar 2006 00:27
Please direct comments about 'Elves of Marlinspike' to this new thread: "Les Elves de Moulinsart - by Harry Edwood".
tintinraider
#13 · Posted: 2 Oct 2007 17:49
I'm sorry but the "Le Rocher des Kangourous " is not a simple cover, there is a real project of a new Adventures of Tintin....
This take place in Australia (remember in Flight 714 for Sydney, Australia was the initial destination !!)
jock123
#14 · Posted: 2 Oct 2007 22:38
tintinraider
I'm sorry but the "Le Rocher des Kangourous " is not a simple cover, there is a real project of a new Adventures of Tintin....
Well the cover (apparently it's actually a series of four covers) has done the rounds for some years on the internet without there ever having been any sign of it being anything more than a pastiche of what a Tintin story set in Australia might have, so I wouldn't hold your breath for it to get any further than that.
tintinraider
#15 · Posted: 3 Dec 2008 22:01
i'm French and i know that there is a story about rocher des kangourous. But it is not the real title....This is the same story than the Projet O'Light... you can see that the little boy is australian... Harry Edwood is still drawing this adventure but not, he is really carefull and i 'm not sure that anyone will see this story...
regards
IvanIvanovitch
#16 · Posted: 4 Dec 2008 09:11
Harry Edwoods is phenomenal. After Rodier, he is...just...a relief. His work is so pleasing to look at.
He can't seem to write a story. Sad, that. But one can't have everything.
tintinraider
#17 · Posted: 21 Dec 2008 12:42
To comlete my previous answer, the rocher des kangourous/Project O'Light is the same story that happens in Australia... Harry Edwood wanted to draw an adventure in Australia because that was the initial trip of Tintin, Haddock & Calculus in Flight 714 for Sydney... and he didn't appreciate the Tintin & Picaros story too political.... the scipt is now at 40 pages and he draw less than 10 pages... but don't hope too see it one day... i think harry was quite furious to see his drawings and covers on Ebay... It is a shame because he is one of the best in pastiches after Rodier.....
Grey
#18 · Posted: 11 Jul 2010 11:16
"The Voice of The Lagoon" was originally drawn by Harry Edwood as a tribute to Herge, which has only Tintin, Snowy and Captain Haddock in the story. Tintin and the Captain escape from Marlinspike to an island just off Madagascar where they hear a mysterious fish singing underwater and investigate, complete with a barracuda as the 'villain' I guess.

I came across it whilst researching for you and it's actually very well drawn, the story is pretty good too.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!