Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Snowy: Which breed of dog is he?

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Martine
#1 · Posted: 15 Oct 2004 00:14
Which breed of dog is Milou, exactly (and I do mean exactly)?
If it exists, of course - the breed, I mean: its exact name, type, whatever information you can give about it.

I just want to see a real life one, if they do exist (and I know little or next to nothing about dog breeds and types).

Moderator Note: While we like to help whenever possible, it's always good to remember things like "please" and "thank you" will go a long way towards making your request a lot less like a demand... You'll be getting something for next-to-nothing, so a little politeness can't hurt!
The Etiquette-inclined Tintinologist Team
admin
Administrator
#2 · Posted: 15 Oct 2004 00:18
Milou/Snowy is a fox terrier.
Martine
#3 · Posted: 15 Oct 2004 00:47
But you're right!!! Ah, but I've never seen an entirely white one...
Jyrki21
#4 · Posted: 15 Oct 2004 01:26
This one's pretty close:
Martine
#5 · Posted: 15 Oct 2004 20:09
Doesn't look entirely white (or is it just dirty...?)
finlay
#6 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 12:18
There are pictures of people's fox terriers on the net who were called Milou.
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 13:36
If I ever wanted a dog I'd get a fox terrier and call it Snowy, but I really don't like dogs.

Rik
kirthiboy
#8 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 14:48
It's common for people to say Snowy is a fox terrier, but actually he's a West Highland white.
The main features (which you can see them on Snowy too) are: white coat, erect ears, bright dark deep-set eyes.
This breed originated mainly from Scotland.
A lot of behaviour of Westies match Snowy, i.e. they snap when irritated, love to dig, chase a cat for fun but won't hurt it, etc.
Westies can live for 16 years, sometimes more.
jock123
#9 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 23:26
I'd say that a westie is too small and fluffy to be the model for Snowy - Snowy is drawn as wire haired, and with a square snout, which makes the assertion that he is a fox terrier more likely.
rastapopoulos
#10 · Posted: 25 Oct 2004 09:35
Snowy is definately not a Westie, his legs are too long for a start. I would most certainley say Snowy/Milou is a white, wire-haired fox terrier, without a doubt.

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!