Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin In Other Languages: P.T. Tiga Lima Djakarta, Indonesian publisher of Tintin?

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

jock123
#51 · Posted: 20 Dec 2009 14:38
In the U.K. the British Library and four others each get a copy of every book published in Britain; I believe the National Library in Paris is given a copy of books published in France.

Might there be a similar library somewhere, which would have the same function in Indonesia?
sponsz
#52 · Posted: 20 Dec 2009 17:59
Perpustakaan Nasional Republik Indonesia (National Library of the Republic of Indonesia)
http://www.pnri.go.id/default.aspx
No Tiga Lima found
sponsz
#53 · Posted: 9 Feb 2010 10:12
Any news about TIGA LIMA ?
sponsz
#54 · Posted: 16 Oct 2010 12:57
Any news about TIGA LIMA ?
Rianna Lauren
#55 · Posted: 16 Oct 2010 16:13
Huh, as far as I know there's only Indira and Gramedia Pustaka. The current publisher is the Gramedia one. I've never found, read, or bought any other Tintin books by any other company than those two. (Even my mom only knows these two - though at her time, it was Indira who did the publishing). I'm quite sure no other company publishes Tintin in Indonesia.
sponsz
#56 · Posted: 16 Oct 2010 17:30
OK that's wat I thought also, but M. Misdianto heard from the founding father of Tintin Community in Indonesia, that there is another publisher in Indonesia that owned the first right to translate Tintin to Indonesian named P.T. Tiga Lima Djakarta.
sponsz
#57 · Posted: 19 Nov 2011 18:54
Here I'm back again, were is the Tintin comic published by Tiga Lima ?
Balthazar
#58 · Posted: 20 Nov 2011 02:16
I have no knowledge of this matter at all, but is it possible that although Tiga Lima acquired the first rights to publish Tintin in Indonesia, and thus ended up being listed as Tintin's forthcoming Indonesian publisher, they never actually got as far as making the translations or publishing any Tintin books? That does sometimes happen with translation rights deals in publishing. Maybe they never got beyond being a hypothetical publisher, acquiring rights but never publishing any books, hence your difficulties in finding out much about them.

Just a thought!
tintinsgf
#59 · Posted: 9 Dec 2011 04:46
Guys, I found something!

Sorry If I know few on this subject, but today I am just randomly browsing around in a forum (Kaskus, if you wanna know, and FYI it is quite a popular forum in Indonesia), and I found this thread (sorry it's in Indonesian, I can't help a lot on that).

It talks about the history of publication of Tintin albums in Indonesia, and interestingly enough, it mentions PT Tiga Lima Djakarta! It mentions it like this :

Serial ini di Indonesia diterbitkan oleh tiga penerbit yang berbeda. Pertama kali diterbitkan oleh penerbit P.T. 35 Djakarta, yang kemudian disusul oleh penerbit Indira dan sekarang di tahun 2008 oleh P.T. Gramedia Pustaka Utama.

(Translation : This serial was published by three different publishers in Indonesia. First it was published by P.T. 35 Djakarta publisher, which is later followed by Indira publisher and today in 2008 by P.T. Gramedia Pustaka Utama.)

The thread was posted in 15 August 2011, which means, it is still quite new (it's quite new, right?). If only I knew more about the poster's user identity, or how he knew about PT Tiga Lima Djakarta, then it could mean that this user, even if he might not join this forum (or even the Tintin Id mailing list), KNOWS about PT Tiga Lima Djakarta, which means that this publishing house ever existed, even if the track records (such as archive about this publishing house) are nonexistent.

Does anybody might have known this user?(especially Indonesians, please)
If one of you know, do you know whether if he join a forum or mailing list like this? (a place to talk about Tintin for tintinologists and tintinophiles alike).

Anyway, I don't mean to encourage stalking this user (as I write previous questions). I just wonder, that if we could know something about this user, it might be somehow helpful in this investigation. (Besides, if we know about this user, we can make sure that other people, aside from those who joined Tintin Id, ever known about this publisher.)
marlinspikecat
#60 · Posted: 9 Jun 2021 15:58
I don't know how helpful this might be, but in recent years I've been using Delpher to research Dutch newspapers in pre-independence until early post-independence Indonesia. I've tried to search the Netherlands Indies/Indonesia newspaper archives using the keyword "Tintin", but so far I've found nothing tied to the series. Interestingly, I've found several advertisements of bookstores promoting Kuifje, which may suggest that the series were quite popular among Dutch-speaking communities - I even found a drawing of Kuifje & Bobbie submitted by a young reader here. Most of the advertisements were of Tropen Boekhandel, Boekhandel Van Soest, C. V. Chan's Bookstore (Djakarta), and Tempo (Bandoeng), with the most recent documented advertisement dating back to 1956 (Indonesia Dutch newspapers stopped printing in 1957, because of the mass Dutch exodus). Unfortunately, the ads didn't mention the publisher of the series, even though some actually explain that their books were imported from the Netherlands.

I have several theories regarding this:

1. The Tiga-Lima version had already existed pre-1957, but either they were less popular than Kuifje, the publishers and bookstores didn't promote them in Dutch newspapers, or the "Kuifje" in question also referred to the Indonesian version.

2. The version were published between 1957 - 1975, either as a totally unrelated version, or in some ways were tied to Kuifje. Maybe they were inspired by Kuifje & decided to fill in the post-1957 market gap; or maybe they previously helped print Kuifje in Indonesia to cut shipping costs or some other reasons, then decided to reprint them but in Indonesian using leftover resources.

I think the other previously-mentioned theories in this thread are pretty plausible, too.

Is there any chance that the people who once read the Tiga-Lima version remember which spelling system was used in the publication? If it used the Soewandi Spelling System, we may tighten the time window of publication until before 1972; on the other hand, if it already used the EYD/Perfected Spelling System, it was very likely published between 1972 - 1975.

Maybe someone that understands Dutch can help going through the Delpher archives?

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!