Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Marcel Jeanjean: La Belle Histoire De Leuk Le Lièvre

mrkarabine
#1 · Posted: 8 Jan 2012 02:52
While in Senegal I bought an Elementary school course book called La Belle Histoire De Leuk Le Lièvre by L. Senghor and A. Sadji, illustrated by Marcel Jean Jean.

I was attracted to the book as the drawings were in the style of Hergé, line and colour and style of his Moon period. First printed in 1953, I think Senghor was a President or something of Senegal.

The characters are African animals, the main one a hare or rabbit.

Is anyone familiar with the artist, Marcel Jean Jean?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 8 Jan 2012 12:43
He's actually Marcel Jeanjean (written as all one word), and there is a short biography of him over on Lambiek.net.

I've got to be honest and say that, while I don't think he was particularly "clear-line" in style, some of his work does show a clarity found in many illustrators of the period.

His career was quite long, and quite prolific, so I'm not sure that he was influenced by Hergé, so much as that they probably shared similar influences.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!