Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

First Tintin book you ever read?

Page  Page 12 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12 

AngelofLight
#111 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 00:22
Hmmm...

I think that it was Cigars of the Pharaoh, actually. Either that or the Unicorn/ Rackham duo. Right up to today those are still some of my favourites!

I rediscovered Tintin a few months ago (probably reminded by the upcoming movie) and since then have read every book at least twice.
NikkiRoux
#112 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 05:12
I think it was either Picaros, Red Rackham, or Calculus Affair, but a few other books seemed very familiar when I first remember reading them.
tintinsgf
#113 · Posted: 19 Jan 2012 16:23
Flight 714. That is what I can remember though. I ever read another before that, but I just can't remember.
calculite
#114 · Posted: 24 Jan 2012 03:16
Red Rackham's Treasure. I found it in my bookcase when I was about 5. I instantly fell in love with the book,, and read it numerous times. I had constantly looked at the back, where all the covers are, and wondered about those stories. I later found out my parents' friends had the whole collection, except for Congo and Alph-Art, and whenever we went there, I used to read Tintin.
snowybella
#115 · Posted: 20 Apr 2017 03:44
Persephone101:
Dude, Broken Ear, all the way!

Same with me! It is still in my top three, with Shooting Star in first place and Soviets in third. I bought it with Seven Crystal Balls.
Aryan Tiwari
#116 · Posted: 5 Mar 2020 15:11
I was around 9 years old when I read my first Tintin book. My mother talked about how she read Tinin books, and pointed towards the books in the library. It was such a coincidence that I picked only 2 books by myself and they were 'Destination Moon' and 'Explorers On The Moon'.
So my first book was 'Destination Moon' and the second was 'Explorers On The Moon'.
I barely read any books(even now) but got hooked on to Tintin almost instantly.
Since I was young, and could not really understand each and every story plot or vocabulary I read them with my mom. And thus my favourite word became 'vigilant' since it was in the story and I was fascinated :p...The good ol' days!

Great snakes quite a lengthy answer, eh?
busdriver450
#117 · Posted: 31 Mar 2021 21:40
The first Tintin book I read was King Ottokar's Sceptre in 1971/72.
Saw it in the library, read it cover-to-cover whilst in the library, then took it home and read it constantly, and then rented it.
That was the moment my love for Tintin began!
OliBEL80
#118 · Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:55
It was Tintin in the Congo, it was on the top of a pile at my grandfather's house, and so it became the first Tintin story I have ever read.
Cinema
#119 · Posted: 2 May 2021 13:21
Either Prisoners of the Sun or Flight 714. I was unwell and home from school and my father bought them for me to cheer me up. The rest is history!

Page  Page 12 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!