Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in Tibet: Who has the sensitive nose?

skutnotscoot
#1 · Posted: 15 Aug 2012 12:33
Hi all.

I've read through Tintin in Tibet countless number of times, and have always enjoyed it's thrill and adventure, as well as its strong sense of friendship and determination shown by Tintin.
But I've never quite understood one point: towards the end of the album, while Tintin was waiting for the yeti to emerge from its cave from behind some rocks, the Captain made a comment about a "poor delicate little fellow", with his nose being "so sensitive".

Who was he referring to? Was it Tintin or Chang? If it was Tintin, I don't quite recall Tintin being so sensitive to cigarette smoke. Plus, the Captain has never met Chang before.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
skutnotscoot
robbo
#2 · Posted: 15 Aug 2012 18:30
The way I read it the Captain is referring to the Yeti not Tintin or Chang; the inference is Tintin has previously warned him in case the smoke alerts the Yeti to their presence.

mat

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!