Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

That Man From Rio on Australian SBS

Tintinrulz
#1 · Posted: 5 Nov 2004 08:25
The movie which is heavily inspired by The Broken Ear is on SBS at 10:40pm Sunday night (7th Nov). Its very funny and also seems to lend a lot to paying out James Bond.
Check it out and hopefully you'll laugh your head off!
rastapopoulos
#2 · Posted: 8 Nov 2004 10:12
Is'nt this the film that Speilburg drew inspiration from during the making of 'Raiders of the lost Ark'? I think I remember reading that he was watching the film constantly while story-boarding.
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 8 Nov 2004 12:25
I believe it is. Unfortunately the one I watched wasn't quite as funny as I remembered because it was in original French with subtitles. The version I saw was English dubbed very badly (think Monkey Magic quality) but that's part of why it was great!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!