Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Tintin characters: cameos in other books

nestor
#1 · Posted: 30 Aug 2004 04:10
i don't know if i'm in the right place, or if this has been discussed elsewhere previously (apologies to the staff, i DID search the forums).
i've seen tintin and other characters pop up in other books a few times. the most blatent i know of, was in an iznogoud book ("iznogoud and the magic carpet") where captain haddock and snowy appear in a couple of frames. iznogoud actually uses some haddockesque curses when telling him to mind his own business.
another one is tintin himself appearing in a book "terry and the gunrunners" (a new zealand series of books, which i think is quite tintin inspired at times) as a pesky reporter who gets moved along by police. and i'm sure the thompsons pop up in an asterix story(?)
does anyone know of anymore? would this be frowned upon by the publishers of tintin?
germ
#2 · Posted: 30 Aug 2004 05:31
There is a web page were the administrator has listed a few examples of Tintin being cemeoed in other comics!!!

I cant remember the link, BUT im sure others do!!
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 30 Aug 2004 09:48
Asterix in Belgium is the book with the Thompsons in it and Terry and the Last Moa also has Tintin in it. But why is he drawn with brown socks in it? I really enjoyed Terry and the Gunrunners, probably because it has the unmistakeable Tintin flavour to it. Unfortunately it is out of print and very rare. You wouldn't happen to know where I can get it would you?
marsbar
#4 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 01:46
germ wrote: There is a web page were the administrator has listed a few examples of Tintin being cemeoed in other comics!!! I cant remember the link, BUT im sure others do!!

Here is the list: Special cameos in Tintin books

The list is by no means complete, so everyone is welcome to add to it.
admin
Administrator
#5 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 02:04
Tintinrulz wrote I really enjoyed Terry and the Gunrunners, probably because it has the unmistakeable Tintin flavour to it. Unfortunately it is out of print and very rare. You wouldn't happen to know where I can get it would you?

Do try and stay on topic, Christian. :) I have created a new topic for 'Terry and the Gunrunners series from New Zealand' in the 'Members Lounge' forum; and posts relating to where to find the series have all been moved there.
John Sewell
#6 · Posted: 9 Nov 2004 02:59
Not quite a character cameo, but the Belgian recruit in Asterix the Legionary reveals that he's got a Tintin quiff when he takes his helmet off. Again, not a cameo as such, but there was also that lovely tribute drawing by Albert Uderzo when Herge died, with a grateful Asterix shaking (a very nicely drawn) Tintin by the hand, and thanking him.
mct16
#7 · Posted: 25 May 2020 23:23
Tintin makes an actual appearance in the Blake and Mortimer adventure "The Septimus Wave".

On page 5, you have an airport scene where a Chinaman arrives by plane. In panel 6 he is being checked by customs and Tintin can be seen in the background as another official examines some bottles of whisky - obviously a reference to Haddock's embarrassing ticking-off at Klow airport in "Destination Moon".

In another B&M story, "The Testament of William S.", the fetish of "Broken Ear" appears on page 22, panel 10, as an item found in the London sewers during the Big Stink.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!