Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: Are the cartoons available?

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

BossonHH
#31 · Posted: 26 Oct 2011 13:00
Hi there,
as someone posted before, they were indeed released in Iceland a few years ago and also already discontinued. Maybe someone from Iceland can clarify this and maybe obtain some copies for fans? I have no idea about the DVD market in Iceland, but maybe that's the only current chance...
Hope this helps,
Carsten
jock123
#32 · Posted: 26 Oct 2011 14:38
BossonHH:
as someone posted before, they were indeed released in Iceland a few years ago and also already discontinued.

The jury is surely still out on that one, Carsten. We only had one person's post to go on, they never provided any evidence of the reality of the disks, and the provider in Iceland never responded.
Nor has one ever come up for sale on eBay, as far as can be told, which would seem odd, in this day and age...

The only substantial lead was to a site, which turned out to be providing Ellipse-Nelvana cartoons, so personally, I think it was either a mistake, a hoax or someone selling bootlegs - unless of course you can provide us with something concrete? :-)
BossonHH
#33 · Posted: 26 Oct 2011 19:44
Hi,
Actually yes, but that is some time ago and I try to find it again.

I made extensive research through Google.is, found someone who listed his whole DVD collection, and he had a lot of Tintin DVDs which were exactly the titles of the Belvision cartoons, incl. Lake of Sharks - that was long before the movies were released anywhere else, so I believe they were really released there.

Problem is that I never found an e-mail address so I could not ask.

I try to find that page if it is still online so anyone else can take a look.

Carsten
jock123
#34 · Posted: 26 Oct 2011 20:27
BossonHH:
I made extensive research through google.is and found someone who listed his whole DVD collection.

It may not be the same, but the previous enquiries we made in Iceland showed that the available titles found on the on-line site we had been pointed to, were the Ellipse-Nelvana programmes, although being pictured otherwise.
We'd also have to be sure that any disks were legitimate, and not bootlegged from TV or video-tape - all the colour Belvision cartoons have been made available on tape since the days of home video, and it would be a reasonably trivial, although legally wrong thing, to back up the tapes to disk and sell those.
Nothing we have found makes a case for there having been an official release of any of the stories not currently available - unless of course you can show otherwise!
acorndave
#35 · Posted: 26 Nov 2011 08:56
Did you ever get sorted ?

I have Destination Moon / Explorers on the Moon on Virgin Video VHS which is a Belvision release that I'd be willing to sell if you're still interested.

I am also looking for Belvision VHS releases in particular

Secret of the Unicorn
Red Rackham's Treasure
Shooting Star
Black Island

So we could maybe do a swap if you've got any of these

John
montesinos7
#36 · Posted: 23 Apr 2013 17:14
Hello everyone, I am a huge Tintin fan and I am looking to try and find the original Belvision series.
From what I have found there was no release on dvd besides in this box set, which has The Calculus Affair, which I believe was Belvision?
If anyone here could point me in the right direction to find it on VHS or online that would be awesome! Thanks so much.

Moderator Note: Your post has been moved here to an existing thread. All three movies in that set were produced by Belvision; other than those there has been no DVD release of the othe Belvision productions (the alleged Iclandic release does not appear to have been legitimate, if it happened at all).
The stories were quite widely available on VHS - eBay or charity/ second-hand shops would be your best bet.

The Tintinologist Team
calculite
#37 · Posted: 9 Jun 2013 19:04
I have all of the Belvision cartoons, taped from TV or otherwise (in English).
I have all of the original 5-minute cliffhanger episodes from Red Rackham's Treasure.
Also, I have Crab with the Golden Claws, Secret of the Unicorn, and Red Rackham's Treasure in the 1990s 10-minute cliffhanger episodes.
As for Objective Moon, Calculus Affair, and Temple of the Sun, I have them in the normal full movie you can buy on VHS.

Moderator Note: This isn't a thread to list individual collections, it's to discuss what has been released, and how (if at all) it can be legitimately obtained - let's keep it on track, please!

The Tidy Tintinologist Team
goldenfleece
#38 · Posted: 30 Oct 2016 16:28
calculite:
I have all of the Belvision cartoons, taped from TV or otherwise (in English).
I have all of the original 5-minute cliffhanger episodes from Red Rackham's Treasure.
Also, I have Crab with the Golden Claws, Secret of the Unicorn, and Red Rackham's Treasure in the 1990s 10-minute cliffhanger episodes.

I have those off-airs as well. The 5 minute Red Rackhams were shown by channel 4 in 1991. It's such a shame they didnt run the 5 min versions of Secret of the Unicorn before this though. They ran all the episodes except Unicorn..all in the original 5 minute format with Crab being the exception as was shown as double length episodes only.
belvisionfan
#39 · Posted: 19 Jan 2017 04:46
Ray Faiola
Incredible! Are you by any chance willing to sell? And how much, dare I ask, would it set me back if I wanted to purchase? Of course, we would have to discuss via private email and not clog up the forum with irrelevant posts about 'shopping'. Thanks! Big Belvision fan :)
BossonHH
#40 · Posted: 30 Jan 2023 13:31
After 17 years of searching for the Icelandic DVD release, I can confirm they do exist. I hold them in my hands. Contrary to the information above they do not include an English language track, Icelandic only.
But at least they have a much better picture quality than anything I have seen before.

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!