Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: News and General Discussion [No Spoilers!]

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

mct16
#11 · Posted: 16 Jul 2014 12:48
In an interview with the newspaper Libre Belgique, Nick Rodwell has suggested that Tintin 2 will be out by 2018.
According to him, Spielberg and Jackson must make a Tintin film every 5-6 years otherwise the rights return to Rodwell's Moulinsart and be again up for grabs by other film makers.
jock123
#12 · Posted: 6 Nov 2014 08:53
Reports are that the final trailer for the last film in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy - The Battle of the Five Armies - will be released today or tomorrow (I'm slightly confused by which time zone is being talked of), which should mean that, save for a bit of possible tweaking, he will have finished his work on that series.

It is therefore to be hoped that this will now allow him to turn his attention to directing the next Tintin film, which would still make a 2018 release feasible, as speculated on above by Nick Rodwell in the reference from Libre Belgique.
luinivierge2010
#13 · Posted: 17 Dec 2014 11:31
Peter Jackson Tintin film coming, but when...?
Read this Daily Beast interview with Mr. Jackson.
jock123
#14 · Posted: 19 Jun 2015 10:55
The French edition of Premiere, the film magazine, has set the rumour mill turning once more with a story about the next installment of the film series.
From the headlines it has generated, from just a few passing comments by Jamie Bell, while promoting his turn as Ben "The Thing" Grimm in this summer's new movie adaptation of The Fantastic Four, plus what appears to have been a bit of Googling by the journalist, you might be left think that the next film is scheduled to start filming in 2016, for release in 2017, and that the film is to be an adaptation of Prisoners of the Sun.
However, if you read what Mr. Bell is actually quoted as saying, you will see that he is not stating anything as fact, or that there are any dates set - it's entirely speculative and aspirational.

You can add to this that the choice of Prisoners as the book to be adapted this time around still isn't substantiated at all in the text, and I am prepared to bet that that was taken from a look at IMDb. That has had a user-entered placeholder for the sequel under that title for several years now, without any confirmation from a film company executive, or member of the production team.
The choices are of course limited, and it may be Prisoners that we get (I've speculated that that would be a suitable tale to weave into a narrative with the discovery that what remains of Red Rackham's Treasure under the sea is looted Inca gold, which they want back), but that will be a coincidence, not based on information available at this time.
So contain your excitement once again, as there really isn't much to the story!
Deer243
#15 · Posted: 8 Aug 2015 21:00
Just in case no one else has seen this yet I came across this MSN.com interview with Jamie Bell, where he briefly discusses the second film.
number1fan
#16 · Posted: 9 Aug 2015 16:54
The suggested release date for the new film seems so distant from the 2011 release.
However it will be introduced to a new generation of fan as the first one was.
I feel that 6-7 Years is such a big gap seen as most franchise movies have 3 releases in 6 years.
jock123
#17 · Posted: 11 Aug 2015 12:28
In a sad turn of events, when asked on Sunday on Twitter by user @boustanu if he was working on the Tintin sequel script, Anthony Horowitz replied "No. I guess I've been fired."
If true, rather than just a piece of mis-direction to put off inquisitive fans, or a reflection of some behind-the-scenes contractual wrangling which will in time be worked out, this will undoubtedly disappoint many fans, myself included, who thought that Mr Horowitz, as not just a highly successful author, screen-play writer and seasoned adapter of literature to the screen, but also an avowed fan and admirer of Tintin and Hergé, would be the safest of hands into which to place the next movie.
He would undoubtedly have brought the wit and style back to the dialogue - the spirit of Hergé and Michael Turner and Leslie Lonsdale-Cooper - which was somewhat lacking in the first film.
jock123
#18 · Posted: 3 Dec 2015 11:42
Have just had this in an e-mail, regarding the status of the sequel(s), in response to an enquiry I made through Sir Peter Jackson's office, and replied to by his assistant:

With regards to Tintin, I'm sorry to say there is no news to report. Peter and Steven Spielberg do intend to make two furthers Tintin films, as you would have read, however we don't have dates for production or release for these projects yet. I'm with you in hoping it can happen, as I was raised on Tintin books!

Not entirely positive, but neither is it a negative either; it just confirms what appeared to be the case, that nothing is happening at this time. No news is good news! :-)

So the wait continues!
BlackadderFan
#19 · Posted: 4 Dec 2015 02:03
So Anthony Horowitz did an AMA on the Guardian last month and he doesn't seem to say he's been fired. If anything, I would guess that Peter Jackson is taking a long-overdue break after exhausting himself on the Hobbit movies (check out the featurette where he basically reveals how under prepared they were for the Battle of the Five Armies).

I remain optimistic that they will use his script for the next film which should be filmed by 2017 and be released around 2018-19. Would be about as long a gap as the one between X-Men Origins and Deadpool, which may not be such a bad thing.

I consider Horowitz a more consistent screenwriter than Moffat, and more suited for a PG Tintin film than Wright or Cornish who do more R-rated stuff anyway.
jock123
#20 · Posted: 4 Dec 2015 16:04
BlackadderFan:
So Anthony Horowitz did an AMA on the Guardian last month and he doesn't seem to say he's been fired.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I don't think it sounds much different to what he said on Twitter, as mentioned earlier in the thread; I'd be interested in how you are interpreting his comments, because I'm not getting a "still-working-on-it" vibe from what he says.

I'd love it to be true, because as you rightly say he's a man with the sensibility to make a Tintin script work (and, to be honest, I'd love to see a Steel Claw TV show!), but I'm just not sure at the moment!

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!