Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: General speculation [may include spoilers!]

Page  Page 10 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

MT50446
#91 · Posted: 23 Apr 2015 06:44
I'm tired of waiting for some proper news on a Tintin movie sequel and seriously thinking that it won't happen .
creativejournalist
#92 · Posted: 11 Jul 2015 15:49
I was about to post a thread about the second sequel, but it appears I've stumbled upon this one!

Hmm... I have mixed thoughts about the sequel. I mean, I'm actually excited that it will come out soon; but at the same time, I fear of how the story will become. Besides Calculus, I hope they also include Zorrino in the movie since he's pretty vital in Prisoners of the Sun.

How about you guys? What are your thoughts on the upcoming movie (assuming that they pushed through with the production)? Any possible scenarios in mind that we might encounter?
sunilcpaul
#93 · Posted: 3 Sep 2015 06:44
tintins mom
The Crab with the Golden Claws will make a good drug smuggling movie but The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun will also make a good mystery movie.
belvisionfan
#94 · Posted: 20 Dec 2016 01:42
mct16
Too bad Speilberg overlooks The Shooting Star. It could work with this story!

I really hope that there is not a movie of just Red Rackham's Treasure. Although I love Tintin, and the slight disappointment of the last movie made me hungry for more, I just want there to be a good Tintin movie. Black Island could be combined with several stories to make a good movie, and an all moon film could be great.

mct16
Not to get off-thread here, but that is why 'Objective' Moon worked so well on the Belvision series. If you had not read the books, and you were a little kid, it would have really been pretty suspenseful! And even if you had read the books, it would also be kind of suspenseful!

--
Note from Admin: combined consecutive posts.
MT50446
#95 · Posted: 26 Dec 2016 12:03
With The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of The Unicorn getting a rare TV airing on Boxing Day in the UK, any news on if or when a sequel is going to become reality?
It's been a while - is the project now off the agenda of Spielberg and Jackson?
Shivam302001
#96 · Posted: 27 Oct 2018 18:27
With some encouraging news, the anticipation for the Tintin movie sequel has again started gaining momentum.
So when do you think that the movie should come out - next year, the year after or should it be released in its own sweet time?
Naturally, if you ask me I would say the next month will be fine enough. But let us be reasonable.

So my question is this - when is the strategically best time to release the sequel?
jock123
#97 · Posted: 27 Oct 2018 19:46
Shivam302001:
next year, the year after or should it be released in its own sweet time?

Well, the last has to be the answer, really: given that (according to Sir Peter) the movie doesn't even have a script yet, it's unlikely to go into production this year, and even if they could start shooting on the first of next year (unlikely), it will more than likely take over a year to render (the last one did), especially if it is in 3D (and given that Peter Jackson is a fan of the higher frame-rate, it could be even longer). Add time to edit, score, and market the picture, and it is probably closer to two years.

So I don't think it is a question of strategy, just getting a slot for it in the schedule of cinemas for close after it is completed.
BlackIsland
#98 · Posted: 10 Jan 2019 20:34
The Calculus Affair would excellent.
luinivierge2010
#99 · Posted: 11 Jan 2019 00:14
https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/1083264975068688384/video/1

Confirmation today that the Spielberg / Jackson + Moulinsart contract has been renewed - in itself good news.

Rather vague assertions concerning plot possibilities : a merged Sceptre/Calculus Affair on the one hand or the Moon mission on the other. Unclear whether pure speculation or solid information gleaned from insiders' hints.

Many news sites have taken this information and indulged in a little speculation of their own. Mouchart suggests that later on in the day more (but how much?) was going to be revealed at the Brussels press conference. Perhaps tomorrow's news will clarify matters further.
belvisionfan
#100 · Posted: 8 Sep 2019 17:44
The most recent news I've found about the movie was from this recent article: https://screenrant.com/tin-tin-2-movie-sequel-delay-release/

Anthony Horowitz' material has been scrapped, so there's still no final information on what the stories adapted will be, and much less when the film's production will begin or be released.

Not to sound like a downer, but I've started to give up hope on ever seeing another Tintin film, seeing as it's now been 8 years.

Page  Page 10 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!