Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: Which is your favourite adaptation?

CaptainFatstock
#1 · Posted: 4 Feb 2017 06:41
What is you're favourite Belvision Tintin serial everyone? Mine is The Star of Mystery. Not only is it the hardest to find in colour/English, but the doomsday scene just seemed epic to me.
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 5 Feb 2017 15:32
I've always had a soft spot for Tintin and the Temple of the Sun (1969).

I really enjoy the opening and closing theme though it was released theatrical its still under the Belvision umbrella.

The film makers take liberties with a lot of aspects of the story.One significant change is ignoring Thomson and Thompson hilariously globe trotting around the world to find Calculus.This plot is exempt from the film and they tag along with Haddock and Tintin

The English dub is troublesome Calculus tries to gain Haddock's attention and Haddock replies with "Later,Nestor Later.

Through its faults I really enjoy Temple of the Sun.

I find all the Belvision serials to be enjoyable and over time I've come to appreciate them.

Favourite baddie has to be Achmed the Terrible in the serial of The Crab with the Golden Claws.I burst out laughing the first time I saw this character
belvisionfan
#3 · Posted: 7 Feb 2017 23:50
CaptainFatstock
I really liked the star of mystery as well, but I must say that Red Rackham's Treasure was good as well. It was the only Belvision serial I was able to watch in its 5 minute glory, as originally intended to be viewed. Even though I had read the book and seen the VHS 'movie" version, I must admit I was still sort of anxious to see what would happen next because of the cliffhangers!
CaptainFatstock
#4 · Posted: 10 Feb 2017 13:11
belvisionfan
I think Red Rackham's Treasure was also pretty great. It was weird that there were natives on Sir Francis Haddock's island, and that Max Bird followed Tintin and Haddock to Marlinspike Hall (Hudson Manor) at the end. Another one I like is Black Island.
mct16
#5 · Posted: 10 Feb 2017 19:44
In the original comic version of "Treasure", Max Bird is reported to have escaped from prison and may have gotten on board the "Sirius". One analyst has suggested that the subsequent incidents on board - the theft of the box of biscuits, the chicken, the blanket and the pillow, the bottles of whiskey and Haddock finding what he at first believes is a bomb - are supposed to lead the reader to believe that Bird is hidden on board. The same for when Tintin and Haddock visit Marlinspike and Tintin keeps sensing that there is someone else in the building and they prepare to ambush him.

Of course, the cause of all these incidents turns out to be Calculus, but Bird's supposed involvement is a good red herring and Herge may have mentioned it while the cartoon was being made.
snowybella
#6 · Posted: 16 Mar 2019 01:12
My favourite adaptation? In Series 1, it would be Broken Ear (obviously, because it's one of my favourite albums!), and in the later series, it's a tie between Calculus Case and Star of Mystery - the former because they changed it enough to make it (fairly) original, and the latter because that's my favourite book. Objective Moon is fun too, though.
Mikael Uhlin
#7 · Posted: 17 Mar 2019 21:24
snowybella:
in the later series, it's a tie between Calculus Case and Star of Mystery - the former because they changed it enough to make it (fairly) original, and the latter because that's my favourite book

I think Belvision's version of The Calculus Case is so different from the original that it's almost like a sequel. Other than that I like how they worked Haddock into Black Island and Calculus into The Shooting Star.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!