Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 50 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

Skirmantas
#491 · Posted: 1 Nov 2017 10:57
Hi,

I am Skirmantas Malinauskas, artist and journalist.

Tintin was my favorite character when I was young. Now I have the idea to reconstruct all the Tintin covers in 3D.

Moderator Note: Hi, Skirmantas, and welcome! As you guessed, our rules don't allow for the posting of fan art projects, so we regret we have had to delete the link. We hope you understand.

The Tintinologist Team
tintiNZ
#492 · Posted: 3 Feb 2018 06:39
Tintin fan from New Zealand.

I was fortunate to have had my parents subscribe to the evening paper "The Auckland Star". The Tintin strip came out in this paper from 1962 through to 1967. 13 books in 5 years. Half page per day!. Black and white.

It intrigues me immensely that Tintin enthralled me as a 6 year old, and yet still has immense enduring appeal as a now 60 plus yr old.
My younger self enjoyed the adventure and suspense. The older version 'Me' now enjoys Herge's humour, attention to detail, the human observation and interactions, the wonderful play on words, and the eccentricities of Calculus and Haddock.

Well done Herge!. Also, Huge thanks to Leslie Lonsdale-Cooper and Michael Turner for making it all possible for us English speakers.
delboj
#493 · Posted: 16 Feb 2018 13:45
Hello, I am Tintin fan from Bosnia and Herzegovina. My favourite story is The seven cristal balls.
Prof Schwarzschild Calculus
#494 · Posted: 8 Mar 2018 12:41
I am an Indian student studying physics and mathematics .
I was introduced to the world of Tintin at the age of 6 when I first read Tintin in America . By the age of 8 , I had read all the works except for Soviets , Congo and Alph-Art . I managed to get hold of Soviets and Alph-Art (the Yves Rodier version) later but I was forced to read Congo later in Bengali as its English print is very hard to come by in India .
What I find most interesting about Tintin is that it appealed to me whenever , at whatever age I read it . It was all slapstick for me when I first read it . It was only in later readings that I was able to appreciate the political messages in works like Picaros and The Broken Ear or notice the Cold War undertones in The Calculus Affair . Tintin in Tibet genuinely moved me and the sarcasm in Land of Black Gold and The Castafiore Emerald hit home late but hard .
On a lighter note , my favoured swear words at school were bashi-bazouk , ectoplasm , kleptomaniac and troglodyte .
jock123
#495 · Posted: 9 Mar 2018 09:55
Hello and welcome to our most recent members - glad to have you aboard! :-)
Aryan Tiwari
#496 · Posted: 9 Mar 2018 20:42
Hello, my name is Aryan.
I'm such a crazy fan of Tintin alright!
I love him so much. Let me start my story.
My mother used to read Tintin when she was young; then she introduced me to Tintin, and I'm so grateful for that moment.
I started reading Tintin when I was 9 - I had got 2 books from the library, namely Destination Moon and Explorers on the Moon (such a coincidence, they were a continuing story!).
At first I found the vocabulary hard, since I couldn't understand the technical terms of the rocket, but I enjoyed the story.
Slowly, I started reading more Tintin comics, and developed a crazy passsion for them.
You know I'm so serious , that I'm actually, with the help of someone, ready to start the Tintin series again (if it's possible)!
I have read all the books by Hergé, have the Tintin X-Box game and a sticker-book and have seen the movie multiple times.
I love Tintin - by seeing the length of this answer you can understand that too. :0

Coming to the question can we start a new series? :)

Moderator Note: Welcome to the forums! We are sorry to have to tell you that because of the copyright laws, you can write Tintin stories for your own private amusement, but will not be able to publish them, or put them on the net; we don't have unofficial stories on our website, or allow links to them, or details of how to go about getting them as a result.

The Tintinologist Team
Aish
#497 · Posted: 13 Mar 2018 09:48
Greetings to my fellow Tintin fans. I am a lawyer living in New Zealand. My view is that we are never too old for Tintin and Tintin is never too old for us.

Moderator Note: Words to live by - welcome aboard! :-)

The Happy Tintinologist Team
KiaraChang
#498 · Posted: 5 May 2018 09:54
Hello,
I'm a Tintin fan from China, an university student now.
You can't imagine how excited I was when I found this website accidentally yesterday, wishing to find out how tall is Tintin because I want to make a figure of him myself. I can't help reading your discussions, since I finally meet the people who are crazy about Tintin just like me.
I have been reading the series since primary school and bought Tintin in the Land of Soviet and Tintin and the Alph-art in middle school. I read the books for hundreds of times and since then Tintin has become who I wanted become of.
The books I read at first was traslated from the Enlish version, but these years a new Chinese version was published, which is directly translated from the French version.
Hope to be friend with all of you!:)

Moderator note: Hi KiaraChang! A warm welcome to the forums :)
JKM
#499 · Posted: 27 May 2018 17:02
Hi, my name is Jens. I am from Germany :-)

I started reading Tintin (or "Tim und Struppi") back in 1977
when some of the stories were published in the comics magazine "Fix und Foxi".
It was a weekly magazine and the Tintin stories were split into several parts.
It was a great way to read those stories because after reading
one part you had to wait for next weeks issue to see how the adventure continued!
I read four of the stories that way and they are still among my
favourites: Black Island, Cigars, Ottokar's Sceptre and Seven Crystal Balls.

Many years ago I saw some of the French language Tintin books
in a bookstore and became interested in Tintin again.
I thought that reading the books could also help improve my French language skills.

In recent years I became interested in the history of the books.
I like to read about the different editions and see what was changed
between black and white and colour editions, or the differences between
original colour editions and later editions.

I have been a lurker for some time, but decided that I should finally register ;-)
jock123
#500 · Posted: 28 May 2018 23:14
Hello and welcome, Jens! Thank you for coming in out of the shadows, and joining our band! :-)

Page  Page 50 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!