Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Your Favourite "Tintin" Books?

Page  Page 10 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

JJohannes
#91 · Posted: 17 Oct 2017 20:34
If we consider the two-part-adventures to be whole single adventures, then my Top 10 would be like this:

01 Castafiore Emerald
02 Tintin in Tibet
03 Cigars/Blue Lotus
04 Destination/Explorers on the Moon
05 Unicorn/Red Rackham
06 Tintin and the Picaros
07 Crystal Balls/Prisoners of the Sun
08 King Ottokar's Sceptre
09 Red Sea Sharks
10 Flight 714

I like the more modern ones immensely, although one can't deny how good the two-part-adventures also are.
Eivind
#92 · Posted: 3 Dec 2017 11:22
Unicorn was the first I read, and it is still my favourite, probably followed by Red Rackham. I read Red Rackham several years after I read Unicorn, but it is a nice continuation of Unicorn. Next on the list are probably Prisoners of the Sun and Seven Crystal Balls.
nehemiah
#93 · Posted: 21 Dec 2017 18:14
My very favourite Tintin is the b&w facsimile of "Cigars of the Pharaoh": I love it!!!
Then "The Seven Crystal Balls" - it's like a detective novel!
Then "The Crab with the Golden Claws".
Herge
#94 · Posted: 29 Dec 2017 08:22
My favorite is The Shooting Star, with Land of Black Gold just behind
snowybella
#95 · Posted: 30 Dec 2017 06:34
My top three (best to good):

1. The Shooting Star. Not for any particular reason, but I think my favourite character Snowy is at his best here! I have a postcard of the book's cover, which I keep at the "exploding mushroom" scene for use when rereading it.

2. The Broken Ear. It's the first Tintin book I read, and so naturally I have a soft spot for it.

3. Tintin in the Land of the Soviets(!). It's my third favourite for an unknown reason, to the point of getting the new calendar with the illustrations in it...

The other Tintin books that are high on the list are:

4. Cigars of the Pharaoh facsimile. Ever since I read it for the first time, I've never looked at the colour edition since.

5. King Ottokar's Sceptre.

Lastly, 6. Lake of Sharks(!). After having reread it recently, I don't really think that it deserves a -10,000 on a "List of Favourite Tintin Books by Points" thread...
Prof Schwarzschild Calculus
#96 · Posted: 9 Mar 2018 16:24
Please forgive me for exceeding the limit , but here goes :
1.The Calculus Affair
2.The Red Sea Sharks
3.The Seven Crystal Balls/Prisoners of the Sun
4.Cigars of the Pharaoh/The Blue Lotus
5.The Black Island
6.Destination Moon/Explorers on the Moon
7.Tintin in Tibet
8.King Ottokar's Sceptre
9.Tintin and the Picaros
10.Flight 714
11.Land of Black Gold
KiaraChang
#97 · Posted: 6 May 2018 02:17
Mine:
1. Tintin and the Picaros
2. Tintin in Tibet
3. King Ottokar's Sceptre

Emmm, perhaps it's kind of uncommon to put Picaros on the top of the list, but to me, I think it's the most complex Tintin story, from which I discovered a more realistic and mature Tintin.
Tintin in Tibet, I was deeply moved by Tintin's strong will and the friendship. While reading, I kept asking myself whether I can do the same as Tintin did in that situation. Then I found how great Tintin is.
As for King Ottokar's Sceptre, I am impressed by the country Syldavia, and strongly believed that the country do exist somewhere for many years.
SweTin
#98 · Posted: 17 Oct 2018 09:58
I mostly like the two-part adventures the best, since they simply are longer stories with more content. (The same reason I almost always like "extended editions" of block buster movies, like T2, Aliens etc). More content to one story, so to speak.

So...

1 Unicorn/Red Rackham
2 Crystal Balls/Prisoners of the Sun
3 Destination/Explorers on the Moon

then we continue with the single-part adventures...

4) The Black Island (the first adventure I ever read)
5) King Ottokar's Sceptre
6) The Calculus Affair

The adventures I like the least are

1) The Castafiore Emerald
2) The Blue Lotus (but I like the first part, Cigars of the Pharaoh)
3) The Red Sea Sharks (not quite sure why I don't much care for this one)
4) The Land of Black Gold (I always confuse this one with the Red Sea Sharks for some reason)

Also, I don't much care for Tintin in the Congo/Tintin in America (btw, I consider these to be a two-part adventure, even they officially are not.)
snowybella
#99 · Posted: 19 Oct 2018 01:20
SweTin:
Also, I dont much care for Tintin in the Congo/Tintin in America (btw, I consider these to be a two-part adventure, even they officially are not.)

I think you're right in thinking these stories are a two-parter.
weltmeister90
#100 · Posted: 25 Dec 2018 05:57
First post on this website, and here's my top 10!

1. Seven Crystal Balls: The suspense, the mystery, the eerie atmosphere. Simply brilliant.

2. Prisoners of the Sun: Epic ending in Peru, displaying its geography, culture, a hidden civilization and a twist ending.

3. The Calculus Affair: Wonderful thriller, with a large dose of humour added in.

4. Red Rackham's Treasure: Debut of Calculus and his shark sub, the trip to the Caribbeans, the surprising yet satisfying ending.

5. Secret of the Unicorn: The fun first part of the adventure.

6. Blue Lotus: A class book with its portrayal of China and its (then) politics.

7. Crab with the Golden Claws: Debut of Haddock and a real mystery.

8. King Ottokar's Sceptre: The creation of Syldavia, and an ingenious plot.

9. Shooting Star: This one was just very fun to read - despite the occasionally dodgy science.

10. Land of Black Gold: A fun story to read.

Page  Page 10 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!