Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: News and General Discussion [No Spoilers!]

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

mct16
#21 · Posted: 5 Dec 2015 00:07
In that same Guardian report, Horowitz states "it was Tintin who inspired me to be a writer. I dreamed of having adventures like his, and making bizarre friends all around the world."
jock123
#22 · Posted: 29 Jun 2016 22:29
The New Zealand Herald reports that Sir Peter Jackson is to work on a film for Steven Spielberg's Amblin' company - and it isn't the Tintin sequel.

In something which seems to have surprised the industry, Mr. Spielberg says that Sir Peter is working on an undisclosed project, which will only be revealed at a later date; this takes precedence over the sequel, but it is suggested that that will be next.

So progress, of sorts!
cakes200
#23 · Posted: 4 Oct 2016 13:58
After reading The New Zealand Herald that jock123 posted about, I was encouraged by this statement in the article:

"Peter was so busy with The Hobbit that it took him away from Tintin and he's doing another film for my company now. It's a secret, nobody knows about it. [b]Then after that he'll do Tintin[/i]."

Do you guys think this is to be taken seriously, as if the Tintin sequel is truly Peter's next film after that, or is this just another maybe-possibly-Peter-will-eventually-get-to-Tintin-someday situation? :-(
sliat_1981
#24 · Posted: 8 May 2017 11:36
Jamie Bell is too old now. Maybe recast him with a Belgian/French actor? Or maybe someone who can do the accent?
jock123
#25 · Posted: 9 May 2017 18:57
sliat_1981:
Jamie Bell is too old now.

Well, it's a minor consideration when you don't actually see the actor giving the performance; Adam West has just played Batman again in animated form, and he's 88!
sliat_1981:
Maybe recast him with a Belgian/French actor?

Can't see why that makes a difference to motion-capture work; it's also moot if the rest of the cast around him *aren't* Belgian (I mean, if being "not Belgian" is the problem, then "being French" isn't really an answer is it?).
The accent issue has been discussed earlier, and the truth is that having characters speak in English with a "foreign" accent when they are all supposed to be speaking in another language just sounds dated and laboured. Much better to have the cast speak in the language and accents that they are comfortable in, and which gives the best performance experience to the audience.
BlackadderFan
#26 · Posted: 24 Jun 2017 05:47
This may be unrelated news, but Peter Jackson seems to continue to delay production work on the Tintin sequel as he appears to be somewhat busy with his current project, Mortal Engines. I think it looks amazing though, and thankfully Jackson is the producer, not the director.
One of his longtime colleagues Christian Rivers is though, and they just started filming earlier this month.

It's gonna come out in December 2018, so we're still a while away from any focus on the Tintin sequel. Hopefully, there'd be more news to follow in the coming months as Mortal Engines will probably finish filming before the end of this year.

Spielberg, on the other hand, is busy with two projects: a sci-fi film named, Ready Player One, which finished filming a while back, and will come out on March 30, 2018.
His other project is about the Pentagon Papers and like Mortal Engines, started filming earlier this month. I'm expecting it to come out by December of this year as an Oscar contender, like Bridge of Spies was in 2015

On another note, I think it's been eighteen months since I last posted something here, though feels a lot longer. Damn
belvisionfan
#27 · Posted: 18 Oct 2017 18:03
I feel that if Jamie Bell gets "too old" (which is highly unlikely), British actor Tom Holland who played Spiderman in "Spiderman: Homecoming" would successfully fit the bill. He is about Jamie's height and his voice sounds a bit like Bell. Just me, though.
jock123
#28 · Posted: 3 Nov 2017 19:28
Well, this is an interesting notion...!
Screen Tintin Jamie Bell himself has suggested that he's open to the idea of co-star (in the role of Captain Haddock) Andy Serkis stepping in to direct the first sequel to Steven Spielberg's The Secret of 'The Unicorn', if Sir Peter Jackson too busy with other projects to take it on...
The busy schedules of both Sir Peter and Steven Spielberg have kept the project on the back-burner, so perhaps this could be the way ahead?
Few if any other actors have the motion-capture credentials of Mr Serkis, having been the "go to" guy since his landmark work on The Lord of the Rings, followed by performances in the title role of Sir Peter's version of King Kong, and the lead in the recent Planet of the Apes cycle... He's also developed his own motion-capture facility for use by the movie industry, so he appears to be an ideal candidate!
This could work!
What do you think?
NighthawkF117
#29 · Posted: 10 Jan 2018 18:14
Andy Serkis would be a great choice! And maybe they could ask George Lucas to write the script, he has a lot of time on his hands nowadays.
jock123
#30 · Posted: 23 Mar 2018 20:26
Another year, another mention of the sequel!
The website for the French version of Premiere magazine are (again) touting the start of work on the next Tintin film, this time thanks to a question posed to Steven Spielberg, currently on the press circuit to promote his new picture, Ready, Player One.

When asked about the status of the sequel, he apparently reassured the person who asked by confirming that Sir Peter Jackson was to direct it, and that, "if all goes well, he'll start working on the script soon."
He followed it by saying that, with two years of animation in addition to whatever work is needed to create the motion capture for the story, etc., that it could be three years before it was released.
However, he was confident that it was still going ahead, and ended by saying that "...Peter will keep at it – Tintin is not dead!"

This is positive as far as it goes, and it has been re-Tweeted by the official Tintin Twitter feed, which at least gives it some credence; however it is suitably vague to be seen as a pretty noncommittal, and not much different to any previous status update.

Sir Peter Jackson is also involved with a major series on the Great War for the BBC, which was previously announced, so may be able to fit in the work on Tintin before that starts, or during other gaps in his schedule, or it may yet again prove to be another false dawn, blown up by the press - we will have to wait and see!

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!