Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

"Toison d'Or" & "Oranges Bleues": Remastered movies to be released 2018

jock123
#1 · Posted: 20 Sep 2018 22:49
The French language live action films are to be given another release on the continent, this time after being remastered using a 4K scan, and will be available from the 17th of October.

The films are coming out on both PAL DVD (Region 2) and Blu Ray (Region B) as "collector's edition" double-packs, in limited "media book" packaging (it looks like a paper-back book, as far as I can tell from photos), with the addition of bonus material which is made up of an exclusive three-quarters of an hour interview with Tintin himself, Jean-Pierre Talbot, recorded this year; the original trailer for Tintin et le Mystère de la Toison d'Or; an exclusive 36-page booklet, entitled Tintin au cinéma; and finally a strip of 35mm film taken from a print of one of the films.

The films are presented in 1.66:1 aspect ratio.
The DVD version is in yellow packaging, the Blu Ray in blue, and are retailing for around €25 and €35 respectively.
Shivam302001
#2 · Posted: 21 Sep 2018 06:02
Can you please tell where these will be available? And will it be released only in Europe?
snowybella
#3 · Posted: 22 Sep 2018 01:58
Shivam302001

The deluxe sets will probably be able availible on Amazon, eBay and at the Tintin shops (this one being most likely on the Tintin Boutique, but the Covent Garden's shop's online shop may have it too). For your other question, I think it's likely that the sets will only be released in Europe.
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 22 Sep 2018 09:03
It is a pity if it would be released only in Europe. I was looking forward to get them, but never mind.

Thank you very much.
snowybella
#5 · Posted: 25 Sep 2018 01:24
If you don't live in Europe, you can always change the region code of your 'player (or your computer), to match the DVDs.
Shivam302001
#6 · Posted: 25 Sep 2018 17:17
It is very kind of you, but I am afraid that is not the reason for my incapacity (at least I hope so, because I am not sure what you actually are trying to say.)

Forgive my ignorance but, what do you mean by matching the region code of the DVDs?

Unless it arrives from Amazon.in or any other Indian shop, I am afraid I can't purchase it. I recently imported a book from Amazon.com, and the customs duty was way larger than the actual price of the book.
So as for me I shall have to wait until a more favourable time.
snowybella
#7 · Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:36
Shivam302001

About the DVDs itself - I meant that if you can get them and they won't play, you can change the "region code" of your DVD player to the one that is shown on the back of the DVD (English ones say "Region 2" on the back, for example), so the DVDs can play.
number1fan
#8 · Posted: 28 Sep 2018 21:47
The BFI Released really good versions on DVD just under 10 years ago.

However these new Blu rays look like they contain no english subtitles which is a shame.

I wonder if BFI will be able to release them in the UK.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!