Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: How famous is he in his world...?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Shivam302001
#21 · Posted: 5 Oct 2018 17:15
Sorry to bring up this old thread but here is a fun fact:
Tintin moved from his lodgings in Labrador Road, in the heart of the city, to the peaceful countryside of Marlinpike in The Calculus Affair, just after the Moon adventures. Maybe Tintin did so, because his fame spun out of control in his own world, and hence, his change of lodgings?
jock123
#22 · Posted: 5 Oct 2018 18:18
Shivam302001:
Tintin moved from his lodgings in Labrador Road, in the heart of the city, to the peaceful countryside of Marlinpike in The Calculus Affair

We've a thread dedicated to just that issue, so if you have any evidence about why you think that that is the case, you should make it there, as no general agreement was reached over when - if at all - Tintin moved there!

Shivam302001:
Maybe Tintin did so, because his fame spun out of control in his own world

It's possible, but as I suggest in the other thread, he seems to have more people turn up unexpectedly, and get more attention when he is at Marlinspike than he ever did in his flat in Labrador Road (and he got quite a lot there)! ;-)
Shivam302001
#23 · Posted: 6 Oct 2018 16:01
Unexpectedly, yes that is the word. Tintin did not expect much company if he did move into Marlinspike, did he?

I found some other things which I will post in the other thread, once I get some time.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!