Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

Queries about posting

Shivam302001
#1 · Posted: 1 Dec 2018 10:04
1. I am being unable to change the address of my topics from one forum to another.
2. In the posting guidelines, it says that the creator of the thread can close the topic but I am being unable to do so.
3. Recently, whenever I give a URL in my post manually, it does not come on the preview with a space creeping in between letters where I did not give any.

I use a feature phone using KaiOS 2.0, iPad Air and a Windows laptop and have faced the same situation in all of them, except the last problem which, for now, I have experienced only on my feature phone.

It would be very kind if someone looks into this matter.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 2 Dec 2018 11:52
Shivam302001:
I am being unable to change the address of my topics from one forum to another.

Not certain what you mean - do you mean that, having posted something in the "Official Books" section, you change your mind, and would like to move it to "Curious About Tintin" area?
If that is the case, then I don't believe that option is open to you. It can be changed by a Mod, so you can always ask, but we would ask that members think before they post! :-)

Shivam302001:
In the posting guidelines, it says that the creator of the thread can close the topic but I am being unable to do so.

Not sure to which of the guidelines you are referring, but if it says that, it is wrong, as far as I know (Irene/ Admin may know more). Again, Mods have the ability to close a thread, but members would have to apply to get a thread closed, and we do that very infrequently.

Shivam302001:
Recently, whenever I give a URL in my post manually, it does not come on the preview with a space creeping in between letters where I did not give any.

Don't know why that happens (it happens randomly to me), but it seems to have something to do with the length or the way the link itself is constructed. My work around is to use a URL shortening site like Bitly first, then use the Bitly link.
admin
Administrator
#3 · Posted: 2 Jan 2019 21:59
Shivam302001:
I am being unable to change the address of my topics from one forum to another.

That is normal. The option to move threads is only available to Moderator level users.

Shivam302001:
In the posting guidelines, it says that the creator of the thread can close the topic but I am being unable to do so.

The option to lock threads is available only to Moderators. Thank you for pointing out the mistake in our documentation (User Guide). I apologise for the confusion caused--the incorrect information has been removed.
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 3 Jan 2019 02:53
admin

It would be extremely kind of you if you can just contact me about an article that I sent to this site about 8 months ago and let me know what is wrong with it so that I can rectify myself. I do hope that you have not lost it. I just want to know more about it.
snowybella
#5 · Posted: 12 Feb 2019 13:18
Shivam302001

No more need to worry - I don't know if you've seen this yet, but I had a scroll down the "Articles" page on this website, and I saw that the team are no longer accepting articles.

I think that, however, the sentence should be put at the top of the page, not at the bottom, so there can be less confusion and worry.
Shivam302001
#6 · Posted: 14 Feb 2019 07:50
snowybella

I saw it the other day,thank you. It certainly was'nt there when I submitted the article a year ago. But, oh well, you can't help it.

I don't have any problems with the notice because it is given just after Submit Article heading. But it does feel a little bit contradictory, nevertheless.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!