Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

Congratulations to mct16 for completing 1000 posts!

Shivam302001
#1 · Posted: 7 Feb 2019 18:39
I saw this remarkable feat and thought it apt to commemorate the occassion.

Congrats to mct16 for completing 1000 posts in these forums! Your dedication and contribution to these forums are remarkable as well as valuable.

I have already contacted Paris-Flash, so don't mind if two certain reporters drop by.

Hope you keep on contributing with your valuable inputs in these forums.
RicardoOlcese
#2 · Posted: 7 Feb 2019 18:56
And his contributions are VERY valuable! Also congratulations to our learned mct16! I will also send some reporters from Il Tempo di Roma to interview him.
mct16
#3 · Posted: 7 Feb 2019 23:37
Thank you. I'm glad that you've appreciated my contributions.

Just one thing: if I get photographed with a pathetic-looking parrot or get engaged to the fat lady down the road, I'll use Calculus' ultrasound machine on your homes so often the local windows glaziers will be millionaires! ;)
snowybella
#4 · Posted: 8 Feb 2019 00:53
Happy anniversry, mtc16! I hope you don't mind to know that I've contacted the Marlinspike Orchestra - champagne and all - to play outside your front door...? ;)
jock123
#5 · Posted: 8 Feb 2019 10:33
Yes, many congratulations, and thank you for your sterling support of the forums over the years (no doubt from when you were in short trousers until now when you no doubt wear plus-fours! Here's to the next thousand! :-)

snowybella:
I've contacted the Marlinspike Orchestra - champagne and all - to play outside your front door...? ;)

I wonder who they will be celebrating? Hergé came up with the somewhat incompetent band after being serenaded by a local amateur group which turned up at his country house in Céroux-Mousty, playing on a lorry which arrived outside his garden.
This impromptu concert was followed by a copious round of drinks (strong beer supplied by Hergé and his wife Germaine), and a long and rambling speech by the band's leader.
He described the couple (to Hergé's surprise, as they had never met the man before) as if they were his best, greatest and oldest friends.
Then (to Hergé's even greater surprise and amusement) the bandmaster brought his oration to a conclusion, by loudly declaring the toast, "Vive Spirou!" ("Long live Spirou!"), to which the band responded with some, by now "well-oiled", enthusiasm! ;-)
mct16
#6 · Posted: 8 Feb 2019 21:43
Sorry that I have taken so long to answer, but I have been all over town looking for decent earplugs and earmuffs in anticipation of the orchestra! :)

As for champagne, I'm afraid that they will have to make do with blackberry juice.

If Herge's experience is anything to go by, then they will then shout "Love live Jock123!"

Anyway, on to the next 1000 posts.
RicardoOlcese
#7 · Posted: 10 Feb 2019 00:57
jock123
Hahaha. Great info. One has to be VERY ignorant to confuse characters like that. Lucky me, an expert like I am would never do something of the kind. Cheers! Amaïh Hergé! Long live Asterix!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!