Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

The Castafiore Emerald: How many days does Castafiore stay at Marlinspike?

RicardoOlcese
#1 · Posted: 9 Feb 2019 20:51
In the beginning, p. 8, the doctor tells Captain Harrock that he won't be able to walk for 15 days. That same day Bianca arrives. When she leaves, Captain Hammock is already able to walk. Is it safe to think she stayed 15 or more days as a guest? I ask because the story gives the impression she stayed just 3, or 4 days there.
Tintin77
#2 · Posted: 9 Feb 2019 22:25
Your question got me thinking. Here is my estimate although it may be slightly inaccurate but regardless it was a very long stay and put the story in context a lot more!

Day 1: Page 8 -15
Day 2: Page 15 - 20
Day 3: Page 20 - 26
Day 4-6: Page 26
Day 6: Page 26-30
Day 7: Page 30-41
Day 8-10: Page 41
Day 10: Page 41-43
Day 10- ? "The days go by" "until one morning" Page 43 (will assume 5)
Day 15: Page 43-48
Day 15-17: Page 48
Day 17: Page 48-50
Day 18: Page 50 -56
Day 19: Page 56-57
RicardoOlcese
#3 · Posted: 10 Feb 2019 00:55
Tintin77
Excellent analysis! I also found that on page 41, it says "a week later" ("ha pasado una semana" in my Spanish version). Thank you for your interest, and examination of the book! Considering the days elapsed makes for a better understanding of the story, I think. Cheers! Amaïh!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!