Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

How many countries have you travelled to which Tintin visited?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Shivam302001
#1 · Posted: 21 Feb 2019 17:42
We all know that Tintin has visited a multitude of countries from Syldavia to the Moon. So, has anybody retraced his steps?

I have visited New Delhi in India and also Nepal, with a trip to Sondonesia planned next year.

How about the others?
RicardoOlcese
#2 · Posted: 21 Feb 2019 21:52
I live in South America and I have travelled to Northern Brazil, and Colombia. That doesn't qualify as San Theodoros perhaps, but it's close to it.
I was in Perú as well. But I suffered no llama-related incidents.
Shivam302001
#3 · Posted: 22 Feb 2019 04:12
Herge had based San Theodoros and Nuevo Rico on Bolivia and Paraguay, so visiting those countries may account as a visit to San Theodoros and Nuevo Rico.
Mikael Uhlin
#4 · Posted: 22 Feb 2019 14:06
I've been to the Soviet Union while it still existed (Leningrad in 1991), New York, United Kingdom, France and Geneva.

I've also seen the moon from distance...
RicardoOlcese
#5 · Posted: 22 Feb 2019 15:47
Shivam302001
I have never been to any of the two. Before travelling to Bolivia, it's advisable you check the condition of your heart. The altitude can severely affect you.
Shivam302001
#6 · Posted: 22 Feb 2019 16:23
Oh, that should'nt be a problem, friend. I am a mountain-man and have been in altitudes of over 5000m in the Himalayas.
RicardoOlcese
#7 · Posted: 22 Feb 2019 16:47
Shivam302001
Did the Yeti ever try to kidnap you?
Shivam302001
#8 · Posted: 22 Feb 2019 17:12
Well, no I don't think so.

But there is a Himalayan Mountaneering Institute in the Darjeeling Zoo, which cite several newspaper cuttings of purpoted Yeti sightings and its footprints.
mct16
#9 · Posted: 22 Feb 2019 23:17
I've lived in France and England most of my life and have been to Scotland several times. I've visited the USA, though mainly in the New York-Washington DC area. I have even been to Jordan which could stand in for the desert of Khemed.

Mikael Uhlin:
I've been to the Soviet Union while it still existed (Leningrad in 1991)

As a matter of fact I went there myself at about the same time. It was an interesting experience. Prices were exorbitant, choice was limited, you had to queue for ages to buy anything and the food was unrip and tasted bad.

By the time I left, any communist leanings that I may have had were out the window and capitalism did not seem so bad after all.
RicardoOlcese
#10 · Posted: 23 Feb 2019 00:48
mct16
What?! Being a genuine fan of Tintin, your communist ideas should have vanished once you had read Tintin's first adventure!

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!