Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Who's a Fan of Role Playing Games (e.g. D&D, Final Fantasy, etc.)?

Gayboy
#1 · Posted: 5 Mar 2013 18:06
Who on here is a fan of role playing games?

I personally enjoy table top gaming with friends, and when I'm alone enjoy role playing games such as Final Fantasy, Skies of Arcadia, Eternal Sonata, and Skyrim/Oblivion.

What aspects of these games do you like?
Favorite characters and why?

I like these story driven games because they are like watching a movie you can participate in where at the same time, I enjoy table top gaming for the imagination and social value.

Open discussion.
Chrissie
#2 · Posted: 25 May 2019 06:00
I'm a dungeons and dragons player. Not so much now.
I love being a character so different to me, often playing a strong character or even a male character. I like being half-elf's. Love problem solving and using different techniques. I love the battles even though I hate fighting in real life. It's a great way of escaping reality and having fun in fantasy world.
I would love a Tintin role playing game
mct16
#3 · Posted: 25 May 2019 23:51
Back in the late 1980s (otherwise known as the Middle Ages :) I used to play the "Lone Wolf" series by Joe Dever which was inspired by D&D. I used to play them again and again, even if I seemed to just be following the same route for the umpteenth time. I also enjoy the similar but simpler "Choose Your Own Adventure" series by multiple writers.

When PCs came along, however, I switched to point-and-clicks such as "Beneath a Steel Sky" and "Simon the Sorcerer". Those of course were a lot more challenging and it could take months to get to the next level!
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 28 May 2019 13:12
I always had a soft corner for D&D having downloaded the instructions from the Net and having a go at it with my sister and cousin. It was really great to play it even though it was a one time affair (I believe you can't play with two people?).

In this age when younsters are attracted to games like PUBG and Fortnite(not a fan), it would be nice for the old school D&D to make a comeback. Nothing beats the imagination.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!