Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

Forums post-upgrade glitches

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

admin
Administrator
#1 · Posted: 9 Feb 2020 11:07
Hi, Members!

We completed some major maintenance work on the forums today.

If you experience glitches, we apologise for the inconvenience; please report the problems by replying to this post.

Known issues:
- Visual styling
- Wording of navigation menu labels / system instructions
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:29
admin

Thanks to all the team for the effort!

The only issue I can notice so far is that, in the "Last Reply" box on the main page of the forums/forum category, there is a little black box and the phrase "Last Reply" following the word "by" and preceding the name of the contributor to the topic.

...I hope that made coherent sense!
admin
Administrator
#3 · Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:20
G'day, snowybella.

Thanks for reporting the problem! I'll try and get it resolved as soon as possible. Pretty much each time we upgrade, we have to re-apply our customisations -- it's quite painful.

Cheers,
Irene
mct16
#4 · Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:56
When somebody makes a post, his name appears next to the post but now it is half-way down.

Most forums have the names of the poster at the top of the post so you know instantly who is posting. I think it stands out better that way.
admin
Administrator
#5 · Posted: 10 Feb 2020 21:54
Thank you, Mark; I agree with you. The cell content alignment is on my "to do" list.
Cheers,
Irene
admin
Administrator
#6 · Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:10
snowybella:
The only issue I can notice so far is that, in the "Last Reply" box on the main page of the forums/forum category, there is a little black box and the phrase "Last Reply" following the word "by" and preceding the name of the contributor to the topic.

Issue sort of resolved. The little black box was a missing speech bubble icon, and the phrase was its "alternative text"; i.e., text equivalent that appears when the icon is not loaded for whatever reason. I have got the icon happening, but I really would prefer it not being there at all. As the icon is set in the core script, I am hesitant to modify it without first seeking advice from the developer of the software. (Update: this problem has been resolved, thanks to great support from the software developer.)

mct16:
When somebody makes a post, his name appears next to the post but now it is half-way down.

Issue resolved.
snowybella
#7 · Posted: 16 Feb 2020 13:09
admin

Many thanks and appreciation!
mct16
#8 · Posted: 16 Feb 2020 23:45
Thank you. Looks a lot better.
admin
Administrator
#9 · Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:34
Hi, everyone.

Hope you are all safe and well.

Earlier I upgraded the forums so that it better supports mobile devices. That is the good news.

The not-so-good news is that the upgrade has introduced some new styles and templates which clash with our customisations.

Please bear with me as I try and improve the look and feel of the user interface.

With apologies,
Irene
snowybella
#10 · Posted: 31 Jul 2020 23:01
There are no glitches, so far.

Thanks to the team for the effort! The layout looks good when seen on the computer, too.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!