Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Your Favourite "Tintin" Books?

Page  Page 11 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

snowybella
#101 · Posted: 26 Dec 2018 04:54
weltmeister90

Welcome to the forums! I agree with you about Shooting Star and King Ottokar's Sceptre, by the way.
RicardoOlcese
#102 · Posted: 4 Jan 2019 02:47
My favourite one is The Castafiore Emerald. It has some suspense; it tricks the reader into believing there is yet another conspiracy masterminded by a diabolical genius. But in the end it offers a simple, innocent solution. It's nice to see a Tintin comic without an evil cuprit at least once. Just an innocent bird. I even find it somewhat relaxing.
Aryan Tiwari
#103 · Posted: 11 Jan 2020 19:26
So here is my top 5 Tintin books in order (I am counting the sequel stories as a single adventure here):

1. The Seven Crystal Balls/ Prisoners of the Sun(amazing suspense, spooky vibe)
2. Cigars of The Pharaoh/ The Blue Lotus (amazing plot, dangerous villains)
3. The Secret of 'The Unicorn' + Red Rackham's Treasure (good humour, interesting plot)
4. The Land Of Black Gold (tough villains, great setting/ environment)
5. The Calculus Affair (unpredictable plot)

Although I love all the 24, my least favourite would be The Castafiore Emerald - no real plot, average humour, decent suspense build-up but came in weak at the end which I know some people found good but just not my cup of tea I suppose.

:)
M Trentin
#104 · Posted: 13 Mar 2020 01:19
My favorite Tintin album is definitely Tintin in Tibet, as it's more emotional than the other books. I like the Blue Lotus as well: it has an excellent plot, a well-researched setting, and the politics hiding behind the adventure makes it Hergé's first masterpiece.

My top 6 are:
1. Tintin in Tibet
2. The Blue Lotus
3. Prisoners of the Sun
4. The Calculus Affair
5. The Castafiore Emerald
6. King Ottokar's Sceptre

As for my least favorites...the first three albums are very much lacking in narrative structure, and wildly inaccurate. I also don't like the surreal atmosphere in The Shooting Star and the bizarre ending to Flight 714.
skulfurinn
#105 · Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:26
I wrote a brief article recently on the best (or my favourite) Tintin adventures and found it impossible to pick a single favourite.

It would be a tie between The Seven Crystal Balls/Prisoners of the Sun and The Calculus Affair. If it'd be one single album, as opposed to one adventure, it would be The Calculus Affair.
Balthazar
#106 · Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:09
Thanks for the link to your nice article, skulfurrin, which I enjoyed reading. I share your high opinion of The 7 Crystal Balls as a candidate for my favourite, for all the reasons discussed of atmosphere and brilliantly crafted narrative, and much more: that mix of ordinary modern life and exotic dangerous weirdness, the backstage theatre scenes, the oppressive weather, etc, etc ...

I also love Land of Black Gold, which is maybe sometimes under-rated or overlooked, I feel, but has so many of the elements I love about the Tintin books.

And Cigars of the Pharaoh (the colour redrawn version), with all the bonkers oddness and exuberant fun of the early books but drawn with all the realistic finesse of the studio at their peak, a combination that gives the whole book a genuinely surreal feel. And so gorgeously and skilfully coloured!

I have the cover as a poster and never tire of looking at it... the expressions on the corpses, the neat little green name labels, the composition, the very subtle colour changes of each sarcophagi as they recede into the dusty atmosphere of the tomb...
Blanc
#107 · Posted: 14 Apr 2020 03:00
My favourite is Tintin in Tibet. It is so pure and clean and you can feel the struggles Hergé is going through, drawing his inner demons.

And after that I really like The Calculus Affair and The Black Island.
The first comic I read was The Secret of the Unicorn.
Nevertheless, every Tintin book is marvelous in its own matter. Cheers!
Kastor
#108 · Posted: 28 Apr 2020 16:22
In my opinion the best is The Calculus Affair, just love it!

Page  Page 11 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!