Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Shop Singapore is Closing!

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 6 Aug 2020 20:28
Hello fellow tintinologists!

Hope everybody is staying safe amidst this unprecedented crisis.

Popped back in here after close to 10 years of absence.

Just would like to share with you all that our humble Tintin shop in Singapore is severely hit by the economic downturn caused by the near zero tourism and lockdown measures as well as failed negotiations with landlord regarding leasing issues.

That said, it is with sadness to report that the official Tintin shop in Chinatown after 10 years of operations will be permanently shutting down its physical location. Online orders from what I understand will still carry on.

I humbly recalled how much excited I was to finally have a Tintin shop in my home country and made a dash to the shop during its opening. It was a dream come true. Welp, life goes on so they say.

https://www.facebook.com/THETINTINSHOPSG/

P.S: Somehow found a forum link of a thread i posted way back when it opened in 2011.
https://www.tintinologist.org/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=7&topic=4234

Wishing you all best of health!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 7 Aug 2020 10:31
That's very sad news - I follow on Twitter, and had seen the announcement there; I understand that the rents for the shopping centre they are situated in became uneconomic for them to continue, so if there are any positives from this, they are that the interest in Tintin wasn't lacking and it wasn't that the shop wasn't doing a good job.

I really wish them well, and hope that they flourish if they continue as mail-order/ a virtual shop!

And thank you for letting us know, and welcome back!

Good health to you too!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!