Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

"Tintin Orange" Soda: When and where was it available?

Donny
#1 · Posted: 7 Aug 2020 14:58
Hi everyone,
Can anybody give me a correct date for when the Tintin orange soda drink was released?
I have some original merchandise but I know little about it!

Thanks
jock123
#2 · Posted: 7 Aug 2020 19:33
I'm not a hundred-per-cent sure, but I have a feeling I've read somewhere in the past that, although permissions had been obtained for the project from Hergé, and an advertising campaign had been mounted, the product was never actually released, due to the consortium of lemonade manufacturers who initiated it falling out with each other.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but I don't think it existed beyond some office stationery, specimen labels, magazine adverts and a campaign brochure, plus a now famous poster design featuring Tintin and Snowy, somewhat surprisingly not drawn by Hergé, or even in his style, but from the hand of famous commercial artist Raymond Savignac (touched on in this earlier thread).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!