Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Identification Wanted: How to identify French editions?

Chastafiore
#1 · Posted: 6 Nov 2020 14:26
Hello!

Just joined the forum. Been a Tintin fan since my best friend gave me a copy of 'The Castafiore Emerald' for my 7th birthday.

I'm now 50 and I've just come into possession of three, early Casterman Tintins: an 'Obectif Lune', 'On A Marché Sur La Lune', and 'Les Bijoux de La Castafiore.'

I've done all the googling I can, and my wife values books for living but even she can't say for certain whether my 'Les Bijoux de La Castafiore' is a first-edition or not.

We think the 'Obectif Lune' and 'On A Marché Sur La Lune' are early editions, but not firsts.

Does anyone know how we can tell for certain?
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 15 Nov 2020 23:20
Is there a list of Tintin books at the back of any of the albums, perhaps on a board on an island where characters from Herge's books (Tintin, Haddock, Quick & Flupke, and Jo, Zette & Jocko) are wandering?

If, on the back of "Objectif Lune" and "On a Marche Sur la Lune", there is no mention of the book "Coke en Stock" and afterwards, then it is an early edition.

If, on the back of "Les Bijoux de la Castafiore", "Tintin et les Picaros" is not there, then it is an early edition.

Please note that I do not have any original French Casterman editions, and that I could be wrong...! Good luck, nonetheless!
JKM
#3 · Posted: 16 Nov 2020 16:50
There is a website that might help identify the edition.
Not sure if I am allowed to post the link here.
I think it can be found by searching for "catalogue des tintinologues".

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!