Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

New Monograph: "Hergé, Tintin and the Americans" coming at the end of the month (October 2020).

jock123
#1 · Posted: 30 Oct 2020 16:37
The news that Tintin in America is to be the next black-and-white book to receive a colour makeover has been followed by the announcement of a new companion volume, giving an in-depth look behind the creation of the story, and insights into Hergé's relationship with the country of America, through selections from unseen correspondence written in relation to his two major visits there.

From the pen of noted Tintinologist and expert on the life and work of Hergé, Philippe Goddin, it follows similar volumes on the creation of the first two stories, Hergé, Tintin et les Soviets and Les Tribulations de Tintin au Congo.

It will be available digitally in French and English from 30/10/2020, and in French as a hard-back book (ISBN 978 2 87424 482 7) as of 01/09/2020.
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 13 Nov 2020 23:41
"Herge, Tintin and the Americans" has now been released in book form in English; editions in French and English can be obtained at the Tintin Shop.
Johnmilesfan
#3 · Posted: 5 Feb 2021 00:00
Hi. I got both the new monograph & colourised version of Tintin in America for Xmas. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the monograph & appreciated seeing the different Dutch version (in English) in it.
I note that the previous monographs (soviet & Congo) were only available in French (&Dutch?). Do you think if the American version is popular they may consider releasing in English. Hardback would be my preference, although I would settle for a digital version.

Looking forward I hope that these continue perhaps in parallel with colorisation of the B&W editions. In particular I am keen to see those that were not previously translated into English be covered especially black Island & The Crab With The Golden Claws. With the latter it would be good to see the monograph include the Jeunesse version translated into English. Fingers crossed 🤞

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!