Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

For Sale: Making of Tintin in the World of the Inca and Red Rackham

ClimberSam
#1 · Posted: 19 May 2021 09:58
Hi,

I have copies of 2 Making of... books to sell.

...In the World of the Inca was a particular childhood treasure of mine, still clearly remember the day I spotted it in the local bookshop and knew it was what I wanted to spend my savings on. Big investment for a 10-year old.

Both books are in very good condition. They have very minor foxing and each has a small mark on the back cover where the price label was removed. Corners and spine of both books are in excellent condition, no marks or writing inside the books.

Red Rackham is 1988 edition, World of the Inca 1989.

Value seems tricky to define. Past sales on eBay for Red Rackham vary from £50-£100, but the World of the Inca has been anything from £80 to £1300, a huge range. With this in mind, I'm open to offers on both.

Very happy to supply photos and answer any questions. Also happy for people to see the books in person, I'm based in south Shropshire, UK.

Sam
Rhods1989
#2 · Posted: 1 Jun 2021 15:23
I would be interested but would have no idea how much to offer for these! As you say, prices are wildly different online and as a new collector I don't have the experience to price it correctly.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!