Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Hergé: What kind of cars did he drive?

Citroen1955
#1 · Posted: 25 Aug 2021 23:25
Does anybody know what kind of car(s) Hergé drove?
I know he liked Italian sports cars but I am unsure of what kind.
I do know that he had an 1950s Alfa Romeo from a picture that I saw.
I am just wondering if he had other vehicles or if that was the only one he drove. Thanks !
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:47
There's an article here by the Hergé Museum from January last year that addresses exactly that.

Hergé drew four of his cars into the Tintin books: an Opel Olympia in King Ottokar's Sceptre; an Impéria Mésange being towed in The Crab with the Golden Claws; a Lancia Aprilia in Land of Black Gold (in which Hergé and his wife Germaine were in an accident - he escaped unhurt, she was injured quite badly), and a Porsche 356 visible in the rally at the end of The Red Sea Sharks.
There's also mention of the Alfa Romeo and a Peugeot, but they don't appear in the books.
Citroen1955
#3 · Posted: 27 Aug 2021 17:19
Richard
Ok thanks! I knew Hergé had more than one car! That's quite a few! I really appreciate the response!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!