Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Lisbon shop?

Rhods1989
#1 · Posted: 9 Oct 2021 10:28
Has anyone ordered anything online (or indeed visited) the Tintin shop in Lisbon? Here's the website: http://www.tintin.pt/en/

I'm asking as they seem to have three of the B&W facsimiles in stock so was looking to order those. However, when I get to payment, it just says 'no payment method available'. Has anyone had any joy with this shop? I've noticed they're not listed in the shops directory here, so are they actually genuine?

Thank you!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 15 Oct 2021 09:49
You might want to look for them on Facebook - it may not have happened, but I am sure I saw that the official Lisbon Tintin Shop were closing either late last year or early this year, and announced that the remaining stocks of merchandise had gone back to Brussels. I didn't keep tabs on them, as I don't think I have ever called upon their services, but that's what I recall.

It could be that in the end they didn't close, and that the business continues, or it could be that some new entity has created a replacement store, but you might be able to work it out if you can follow the announcements that were made on their page.
Rhods1989
#3 · Posted: 15 Oct 2021 14:17
Thanks! I did manage to get in touch with them and they're still trading as far as I can tell. They didn't have the facsimiles I was after but were responding to my emails. Whether they just have an online presence now rather than a shop as well, I don't know.
dr01
#4 · Posted: 21 Oct 2022 00:13
Rhods1989:
Has anyone ordered anything online

I tried to order 2 b&w editions - was told on back order, and it took along time for my refund.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!