Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie: Ten years since "The Adventures of Tintin" premiere!

jock123
#1 · Posted: 23 Oct 2021 19:29
I was reminded that today marks the tenth anniversary of the British premiere of the Steven Spielberg movie in London (it opened ten years ago yesterday in Brussels).
It was extremely exciting when I was given tickets to the event, and I walked the blue carpet (rather than the traditional red) with the stars and celebrities (well, not at exactly the same time!).

It's not a perfect film, but there is a lot to enjoy and admire, and I still love that as Hergé's choice for director, Steven Spielberg had the opportunity to show us how he sees Tintin & Cº.

Let's hope we don't have to wait another ten years for the sequel!
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 11 Nov 2021 20:42
I was just speaking about this earlier, I cannot believe it's been ten years since the film was released.

My invitation for the premiere obviously was intercepted by Bourdurian Secret Police! I saw the film for the first time at the now demolished Odeon Marble Arch.

jock123:
Let's hope we don't have to wait another ten years for the sequel!

It's feeling like that at the moment. I was hoping that after the last Hobbit movie filming would have begun.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:27
number1fan:
the now demolished Odeon Marble Arch

Saying that, the Odeon I saw the premiere at (the one on the corner of Leicester Square, not the big flag-ship place, which was being renovated at the time) has also been demolished since then - the Bordurians are really trying to get rid of the evidence!
mct16
#4 · Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:47
Did they use the ultrasonic machine to demolish it? After all, they had the equipment stolen from Calculus' lab and, with good scientists, they could have perfected it.

It's a mercy the rest of London did not get demolished as well!
jock123
#5 · Posted: 12 Nov 2021 15:46
mct16:
Did they use the ultrasonic machine to demolish it?

By the whiskers of Kûrvi-Tasch! Their nefariousness knows no bounds!

mct16:
It's a mercy the rest of London did not get demolished as well!

It can only be a matter of time!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!